No. 3 TCU (9-0, 5-0) at No. 5 Utah (8-0, 5-0)
Rice-Eccles Stadium (45,017-Fieldturf)
Today, 1:30 p.m.
TV: CBS C
Radio: 700 AM
Series: Utah leads, 5-2
Last meeting: TCU 55, Utah 28 (2009)
Mostly sunny with a high of 69 degrees.
For TCU ... A second consecutive trip to the Bowl Championship Series and a possible berth in the BCS National Championship Game are likely on the line. A victory would keep hope alive on both fronts.
For Utah ... The Utes can take over control of the driver's seat for the Mountain West Conference championship and leap over the Horned Frogs in the bid for a lucrative Bowl Championship Series invitation.
For TCU ... Streak is the word. The Horned Frogs have won 22 straight regular-season games, including 14 consecutive Mountain West contests. Fifteen of TCU's last 16 victories have come by 17 points or more.
For Utah ... There's no place like home for the Utes. They've won 21 consecutive games at sold-out Rice-Eccles Stadium - a streak that dates back to 2007. Utah is 3-0 all-time against TCU in Salt Lake City.
For TCU ... The Frogs are giving up just 8.7 points per game. Besides shutting down the opposition, they're also comfortable on the road (nine straight wins) and in day games (29-1 over the past six seasons).
For Utah ... The Utes are counting on a little help from their friends in The Muss and others throughout the stadium.
PLAYER TO WATCH
JORDAN WYNN, Utah: The sophomore quarterback faces a TCU defense that leads the nation in fewest first downs allowed (12.1 per game). The Utes, however, average 45.2 points per game.
Utah's Shaky Smithson VS. TCU'S Jeremy Kerley: It doesn't get much better than this. Two of the nation's premier return specialists will be on the field. If one excels, it could be the difference in the game.
TCU: Nose tackle Kelly Griffin (ankle) is out for the season.
UTAH: Tight end Brad Clifford (shoulder) will not play. Linebacker J.J. Williams (foot) is questionable.
TCU returns home to host San Diego State next Saturday, while Utah travels to Notre Dame.
Date Opponent Time (TV)
Sept. 2 vs. Pittsburgh: Won 27-24 (OT)
Sept. 11 vs. UNLV: Won 38-10
Sept. 18 at New Mexico: Won 56-14
Sept. 25 vs. San Jose State: Won, 56-3
Oct. 9 at Iowa State: Won, 68-27
Oct. 16 at Wyoming: Won, 30-6
Oct. 23 vs. Colorado State: Won 59-6
Oct. 30 at Air Force: Won 28-23
Nov. 6 vs. TCU, 1:30 p.m. (CBS C)
Nov. 13 at Notre Dame, 12:30 p.m. (NBC)
Nov. 20 at San Diego State, 8 p.m. (The Mtn.)
Nov. 27 vs. BYU, 1:30 p.m. (The Mtn./CBS C)
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of 3-pointers,...
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- David Stockton, son of John, saves the day...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- High school boys basketball: Underdog...
- Dick Harmon: Kyle Collinsworth's career game...
- High school boys basketball: Bountiful...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 67
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 43
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26