It takes great courage for Democratic candidates to run for office in this state against Republicans. They must have been very brave to do this when they knew that their chances of winning were practically nil. I salute them and express thanks for keeping the two party system alive. Thanks to Sam Granato, Peter Corroon, etc., for not giving up and for taking on the challenge. Again these elections have shown that those who raise the most money have the biggest chance of winning. Who are the real winners in these races? Unfortunately they are the special interest groups who donated large sums of money.
Albertus Van Dyk
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 80
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- Letter: Utah's birthright 47
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Letter: Irreparable damage 43
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 43
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37