It takes great courage for Democratic candidates to run for office in this state against Republicans. They must have been very brave to do this when they knew that their chances of winning were practically nil. I salute them and express thanks for keeping the two party system alive. Thanks to Sam Granato, Peter Corroon, etc., for not giving up and for taking on the challenge. Again these elections have shown that those who raise the most money have the biggest chance of winning. Who are the real winners in these races? Unfortunately they are the special interest groups who donated large sums of money.
Albertus Van Dyk
- NYT Opinion: Embracing evangelical...
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18