It takes great courage for Democratic candidates to run for office in this state against Republicans. They must have been very brave to do this when they knew that their chances of winning were practically nil. I salute them and express thanks for keeping the two party system alive. Thanks to Sam Granato, Peter Corroon, etc., for not giving up and for taking on the challenge. Again these elections have shown that those who raise the most money have the biggest chance of winning. Who are the real winners in these races? Unfortunately they are the special interest groups who donated large sums of money.
Albertus Van Dyk
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new, less...
- Jay Evensen: Why some mothers kill babies:...
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity
- Drew Clark: Meaning of 'thou shalt not kill'...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term unemployment...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Why the... 56
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 52
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the... 52
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 44
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 32
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term... 25