It takes great courage for Democratic candidates to run for office in this state against Republicans. They must have been very brave to do this when they knew that their chances of winning were practically nil. I salute them and express thanks for keeping the two party system alive. Thanks to Sam Granato, Peter Corroon, etc., for not giving up and for taking on the challenge. Again these elections have shown that those who raise the most money have the biggest chance of winning. Who are the real winners in these races? Unfortunately they are the special interest groups who donated large sums of money.
Albertus Van Dyk
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- John Florez: Utah public education is a house...
- In our opinion: How committed are Obama, U.S....
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- Catherine Rampell: Have America's public...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- In our opinion: The Scots have set an example...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 93
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 76
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who... 24
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19