It takes great courage for Democratic candidates to run for office in this state against Republicans. They must have been very brave to do this when they knew that their chances of winning were practically nil. I salute them and express thanks for keeping the two party system alive. Thanks to Sam Granato, Peter Corroon, etc., for not giving up and for taking on the challenge. Again these elections have shown that those who raise the most money have the biggest chance of winning. Who are the real winners in these races? Unfortunately they are the special interest groups who donated large sums of money.
Albertus Van Dyk
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 61
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 41
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30