Utah Utes football: MWC commissioner weighs in on Utah-TCU tilt
Tom Pennington, File, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — Mountain West Conference commissioner Craig Thompson's take on Saturday's highly anticipated matchup between Utah and TCU at Rice-Eccles Stadium:
"This game has very significant national implications. For the third straight year, the winner of this game will have an opportunity to participate in a BCS bowl game. If either team can finish the season undefeated, it should be in consideration to play in the BCS National Championship game," he said.
"Saturday's matchup has gained a lot of traction across the country, deservedly so, and has ramifications for many programs, far beyond the important battle for a Mountain West Conference championship."
— Dirk Facer
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20