'Bud' Scruggs to manage several companies and foundations of Jon M. Huntsman
SALT LAKE CITY — H.E. "Bud" Scruggs, former chief of staff to Utah Gov. Norm Bangerter, will serve multiple senior management roles in the companies and foundations of Jon M. Huntsman, founder and executive chairman of the Huntsman Corporation and chairman of a number of privately held companies, Huntsman announced Thursday.
Scruggs will serve as president and CEO of Huntsman Financial Corporation, a private holding company. He will also hold a senior position within the legal department of Huntsman Corporation assisting with government affairs. Additionally, Scruggs will carry out key management responsibilities in the Huntsman Cancer Foundation and other Huntsman-related charitable foundations.
Scruggs worked for 12 years at Leucadia National Corporation, where he was president of Leucadia Asset Management Group. Prior to joining Leucadia, he was a faculty member in the Brigham Young University political science department. He has also held a number of corporate, government, political and civic positions.
Scruggs recently returned from Sydney, Australia, where he spent three years as a mission president for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Scruggs and his wife, Shirley, are the parents of seven children and live in Salt Lake City.
— Jasen Lee
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 37
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 27