'Bud' Scruggs to manage several companies and foundations of Jon M. Huntsman
SALT LAKE CITY — H.E. "Bud" Scruggs, former chief of staff to Utah Gov. Norm Bangerter, will serve multiple senior management roles in the companies and foundations of Jon M. Huntsman, founder and executive chairman of the Huntsman Corporation and chairman of a number of privately held companies, Huntsman announced Thursday.
Scruggs will serve as president and CEO of Huntsman Financial Corporation, a private holding company. He will also hold a senior position within the legal department of Huntsman Corporation assisting with government affairs. Additionally, Scruggs will carry out key management responsibilities in the Huntsman Cancer Foundation and other Huntsman-related charitable foundations.
Scruggs worked for 12 years at Leucadia National Corporation, where he was president of Leucadia Asset Management Group. Prior to joining Leucadia, he was a faculty member in the Brigham Young University political science department. He has also held a number of corporate, government, political and civic positions.
Scruggs recently returned from Sydney, Australia, where he spent three years as a mission president for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Scruggs and his wife, Shirley, are the parents of seven children and live in Salt Lake City.
— Jasen Lee
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 94
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 20
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 13
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal... 11