Utah Jazz: Paul Millsap 'probable,' Kyrylo Fesenko and Jeremy Evans to be game-time
OAKLAND, Calif. — The Utah Jazz were shorthanded for practice Thursday, but it's uncertain if that will be the case for tonight's game at Golden State.
Paul Millsap received treatment for his sprained right ankle at the training facility but did not practice. The Jazz's starting power forward, however, is listed as probable to play against the Warriors in the 8:30 p.m. contest after getting hurt in Wednesday's game.
Kyrylo Fesenko (gastric distress) and Jeremy Evans (sprained right wrist) will be game-time decisions Friday. Both missed Utah's 125-108 victory over Toronto.
Evans worked out before practice in the weight room and did cardio, but did not actually practice with the team.
Fesenko participated fully, which he believes will help his health situation.
"I feel better, still kind of weak, but it's going to pass," Fesenko said. "Just have a good practice ... that's all it takes to get back."
Fesenko said his first DNP of 2010-11 "kind of upsets me" because he'd hoped to play in all 82 games after missing 14 games because of injuries and illnesses last season. Five absences on four separate occasions were due to stomach viruses. He also had 18 DNP-CDs and appeared in 49 games.
The Warriors might be minus one of their main cogs. Guard Stephen Curry, son of former Jazzman Dell Curry, is day-to-day with a right ankle sprain. The second-year standout missed the past two games after averaging 20.5 points and 8.5 assists in the Warriors' first two contests.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- 'Lost my way': Murray pushed to 5 sets again...
- USMNT: RSL's Beckerman starts, Timbers' Nagbe...
- Ex-MLB hurler winds up for Vermont governor...
- Coach Steve Kerr: Warriors on brink but ready...
- San Jose Sharks head to 1st Cup final after...
- LeBron, Love power Cavaliers to 116-78 romp...
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 69
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 51
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 35
- Pac-12 champs: Utah wins baseball title... 26
- Rose excited for near future stability,... 22
- Column: Baylor should pull plug on its... 19