BOSTON — Paul Pierce scored 12 of his 28 points in overtime to reach 20,000 points in his career, added a key steal with 27 seconds left, and helped the Boston Celtics beat the Milwaukee Bucks 105-102 on Wednesday night.
Ray Allen had 23 points for the Celtics (4-1), Rajon Rondo had 17 points and 15 assists, and Kevin Garnett scored 13 and grabbed eight rebounds.
Andrew Bogut led the Bucks (1-4) with 21 points and 13 boards. Ersan Ilyasova and Carlos Delfino each scored 15 points and Brandon Jennings had 13.
Boston center Shaquille O'Neal missed his second straight game after bruising his right knee last Friday in a home win over the New York Knicks. Boston coach Doc Rivers said before the game he didn't think O'Neal would be able to play the team's next game Friday against former Celtics assistant Tom Thibodeau, who left to coach the Chicago Bulls after last season.
Boston had a six-point lead with 1:20 to play in regulation, but the Bucks rallied to tie it on Delfino's driving basket with 10.5 seconds left.
76ERS 101, PACERS 75: At Philadelphia, Elton Brand had 25 points and 12 rebounds, and Thaddeus Young scored 16 points to help Philadelphia to its first victory of the season. Sixers coach Doug Collins left the bench at halftime because of symptoms related to vertigo.
HAWKS 94, PISTONS 85: At Atlanta, Al Horford had six straight points in an 18-4 run to finish the game and undefeated Atlanta beat winless Detroit. Josh Smith had 22 points and 11 rebounds as the Hawks (5-0) remained the only unbeaten team in the Eastern Conference.
MAGIC 128, TIMBERWOLVES 86: At Orlando, Fla., Dwight Howard had 18 points, 16 rebounds and eight blocked shots to help Orlando set a franchise record for most points in the first half.
BOBCATS 85, NETS 83: At Newark, N.J., D.J. Augustin hit two go-ahead free throws with 30.9 seconds to play and Charlotte won for the first time this season, overcoming a 10-point, fourth-quarter deficit0.
HORNETS 107, ROCKETS 99: At Houston, Chris Paul scored 25 points, Marco Belinelli added 18 and New Orleans beat winless Houston to remain unbeaten.
SPURS 112, SUNS 110: At Phoenix, Richard Jefferson hit four fourth-quarter 3-pointers, including the go-ahead basket with 1:38 remaining.
MAVERICKS 102, NUGGETS 101: At Denver, Dirk Nowitzki scored a season-high 35 points and Caron Butler hit a pivotal 3-pointer late in the game.
WARRIORS 115, GRIZZLIES 109: At Oakland, Calif., Monta Ellis scored 39 points as Golden State improve to 3-1 on the season — 3-0 at the Oracle.
CLIPPERS 107, THUNDER 92: At Los Angeles, Kevin Durant shot 6 of 24 from the field and a horrific 0 of 10 from the 3-point line. Eric Gordon led the Clips with 27 points.
LAKERS 112, KINGS 100: At Sacramento, Calif., Kobe Bryant led Los Angeles with 30 points as all five L.A. starters scored double-digits.
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- High school football: Timpview overcomes...
- Dick Harmon: Utah tries to break out of...
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- High school football: Defense, big plays pave...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 115
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 94
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utes still have outside chance at... 36
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 35
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 25
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21