Titans claim Randy Moss off waivers
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The Tennessee Titans have claimed wide receiver Randy Moss off the waiver wire.
Tennessee passed on Moss in the 1998 NFL draft, choosing instead to take former Utes WR Kevin Dyson.
Coach Jeff Fisher said three hours before the waiver deadline that the Titans never discuss personnel moves or their interest.
Moss can help a team that has not won a playoff game since January 2004.
The receiver going to his third team this season will be welcomed at least initially. Safety Michael Griffin tweeted "welcome Randy Moss" and All Pro running back Chris Johnson had been lobbying for the Titans to pick up Moss as well.
Merriman headed to Buffalo
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — The winless Buffalo Bills have claimed outside linebacker Shawne Merriman off waivers in a midseason bid to improve their porous defense.
Buffalo (0-7) had the first option on acquiring the one-time feared pass rusher because it has the NFL's worst record. Waived players are awarded to the worst team that submits a claim.
The move was made by first-year general manager Buddy Nix, who is familiar with Merriman. Nix previously worked in the Chargers' front office when they drafted Merriman with the 12th pick in 2005. It's unclear when Merriman will join the Bills, who play Chicago (4-3) at Toronto on Sunday.
— Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Former Ute center Dallin Bachynski impresses...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 69
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 21
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8
- $150M in bribes, dozen schemes: US... 7