Titans claim Randy Moss off waivers
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The Tennessee Titans have claimed wide receiver Randy Moss off the waiver wire.
Tennessee passed on Moss in the 1998 NFL draft, choosing instead to take former Utes WR Kevin Dyson.
Coach Jeff Fisher said three hours before the waiver deadline that the Titans never discuss personnel moves or their interest.
Moss can help a team that has not won a playoff game since January 2004.
The receiver going to his third team this season will be welcomed at least initially. Safety Michael Griffin tweeted "welcome Randy Moss" and All Pro running back Chris Johnson had been lobbying for the Titans to pick up Moss as well.
Merriman headed to Buffalo
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — The winless Buffalo Bills have claimed outside linebacker Shawne Merriman off waivers in a midseason bid to improve their porous defense.
Buffalo (0-7) had the first option on acquiring the one-time feared pass rusher because it has the NFL's worst record. Waived players are awarded to the worst team that submits a claim.
The move was made by first-year general manager Buddy Nix, who is familiar with Merriman. Nix previously worked in the Chargers' front office when they drafted Merriman with the 12th pick in 2005. It's unclear when Merriman will join the Bills, who play Chicago (4-3) at Toronto on Sunday.
— Deseret News staff and wire reports
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Doug Robinson: What might have been for the...
- BYU basketball: Cougars shake up starting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 74
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 61
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35