Police find, arrest man who stabbed pregnant girlfriend
MIDVALE — Police located and arrested 41-year-old Jeffrey Ingram, a man they believe disobeyed a recent protective order when he followed his pregnant girlfriend from a TRAX station and stabbed her in the stomach Tuesday.
The woman, 23, is four months pregnant and although she was taken to the hospital, she and the unborn child are expected to be OK, Midvale Police Sgt. Marcelo Rapela said.
"The baby is fine," Rapela said Wednesday. "They are doing an ultrasound this afternoon just to be absolutely certain, but the stab wound to the stomach didn't penetrate the stomach muscle so the baby should be just fine, and doctors expect (the woman) to be fine."
It is suspected that Ingram, who allegedly attacked the woman near 146 W. Center (7720 South), was upset with the issuance of the protective order.
Rapela said the incident began around 7 p.m., when the two had an argument outside a smoke shop. He said the pair was also allegedly arguing over who was the baby's father.
Ingram is believed to be homeless and has in the past been seen at the Road Home shelter in downtown Salt Lake City. Police stopped there after Midvale issued an attempt to locate on Ingram and it was there that he was found and arrested Tuesday around midnight.
Ingram was booked into Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault and violating a protective order.
— Wendy Leonard
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Grantsville residents tell Prison Relocation...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 41
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 36
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 21
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 18
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17