CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Republican Matt Mead has been elected governor of Wyoming.
Preliminary results show Mead, a Republican, beat Democrat Leslie Petersen.
The 48-year-old Mead is former U.S. attorney for Wyoming. He stepped down in 2007 to seek the U.S. Senate seat that ultimately went to John Barrasso.
Mead spent heavily to win the four-way race for the Republican nomination this summer. Petersen was secretary of the state Democratic Party before entering the race to succeed Democratic Gov. Dave Freudenthal, who is stepping down after two terms.
- Police, protesters collide again in Ferguson
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered legal...
- Another American hostage at risk by Islamic...
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but hold...
- Colleges add luxury touches to new football...
- Facebook makes the most obvious move ever...
- Want to increase attraction in your...
- Car crash in Argentina kills 3 relatives of pope
- Texas Gov. Perry says indictment is... 22
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 22
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 21
- Police, protesters collide again in... 20
- Texas' Perry indicted for coercion for... 19
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 18
- Police identify Missouri officer who... 16
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14