5K run Saturday to raise money for Haiti relief project
OREM — Pinnacle Security will hold a 5K race Saturday to raise money for Sustain Haiti, a local nonprofit organization that provides humanitarian aid to earthquake-ravaged Haiti.
The race begins at the company's office, 1290 Sandhill Road, at 9 a.m. Participants may register online at www.firstgiving.com/sustainhaiti5k or at a 8 a.m. on race day. Proceeds will go to support Sustain Haiti's development projects in Leogane, Haiti, a city of approximately 100,000 people located 20 miles west of Port-au-Prince. Pinnacle employees have also conducted in-company fundraising.
Sustain Haiti was formed after a massive earthquake ravaged Haiti last January. More than 50 volunteers, many of whom live or attend school in the Provo-Orem area, raised money for numerous development projects over the summer. Projects included square-foot gardening, business seminars, microcredit, clean water systems, hygiene training, English classes and orphanage service.
— Dennis Romboy
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18