5K run Saturday to raise money for Haiti relief project
OREM — Pinnacle Security will hold a 5K race Saturday to raise money for Sustain Haiti, a local nonprofit organization that provides humanitarian aid to earthquake-ravaged Haiti.
The race begins at the company's office, 1290 Sandhill Road, at 9 a.m. Participants may register online at www.firstgiving.com/sustainhaiti5k or at a 8 a.m. on race day. Proceeds will go to support Sustain Haiti's development projects in Leogane, Haiti, a city of approximately 100,000 people located 20 miles west of Port-au-Prince. Pinnacle employees have also conducted in-company fundraising.
Sustain Haiti was formed after a massive earthquake ravaged Haiti last January. More than 50 volunteers, many of whom live or attend school in the Provo-Orem area, raised money for numerous development projects over the summer. Projects included square-foot gardening, business seminars, microcredit, clean water systems, hygiene training, English classes and orphanage service.
— Dennis Romboy
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12