FILLMORE — Authorities were patrolling schools in the Millard County towns of Fillmore and Delta Monday after receiving weekend reports of a 13-year-old girl being abducted from her yard in Kanosh and a 12-year-old Fillmore boy being attacked by masked men.
Millard County sheriff's spokeswoman Lindsay Mitchell says the girl escaped and returned home late Friday after two men with knives and handguns put her in a dark-colored four-door passenger car about 9:15 p.m. Investigators aren't saying where she was taken.
Mitchell says three masked men apparently tried to assault the boy on Sunday, possibly as a Halloween prank. They were in a newer-model dark maroon two-door passenger car with tinted back windows and a spoiler.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29