FILLMORE — Authorities were patrolling schools in the Millard County towns of Fillmore and Delta Monday after receiving weekend reports of a 13-year-old girl being abducted from her yard in Kanosh and a 12-year-old Fillmore boy being attacked by masked men.
Millard County sheriff's spokeswoman Lindsay Mitchell says the girl escaped and returned home late Friday after two men with knives and handguns put her in a dark-colored four-door passenger car about 9:15 p.m. Investigators aren't saying where she was taken.
Mitchell says three masked men apparently tried to assault the boy on Sunday, possibly as a Halloween prank. They were in a newer-model dark maroon two-door passenger car with tinted back windows and a spoiler.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 34
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 21
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18