FILLMORE — Authorities were patrolling schools in the Millard County towns of Fillmore and Delta Monday after receiving weekend reports of a 13-year-old girl being abducted from her yard in Kanosh and a 12-year-old Fillmore boy being attacked by masked men.
Millard County sheriff's spokeswoman Lindsay Mitchell says the girl escaped and returned home late Friday after two men with knives and handguns put her in a dark-colored four-door passenger car about 9:15 p.m. Investigators aren't saying where she was taken.
Mitchell says three masked men apparently tried to assault the boy on Sunday, possibly as a Halloween prank. They were in a newer-model dark maroon two-door passenger car with tinted back windows and a spoiler.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17