Utah Utes football: ESPN's 'GameDay' coming to SLC for TCU game
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — ESPN's "College Football GameDay" is coming to Salt Lake City this week and fans are encouraged to attend all of its shows in Rice-Eccles Stadium.
On Friday, Nov. 5, the ESPN "GameDay" crew of Chris Fowler, Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and Erin Andrews will broadcast segments for "SportsCenter," "College Football Live" and other ESPN shows from the set in Rice-Eccles Stadium from 10 a.m. until around noon.
On Saturday, "College Football GameDay" will begin airing before a live crowd at 7 a.m. The show lasts for three hours (until 10 a.m. MT), with the first hour on ESPNU and the remaining two hours on ESPN.
Admittance to the shows is free to the public.
Three and a half hours after "GameDay" concludes its show, undefeated Utah and TCU will kick off in Rice-Eccles Stadium at 1:30 p.m. The game, including standing room tickets, is completely sold out. It will be televised on CBS C.
"GameDay" last visited Salt Lake City in 2004 during Utah's 12-0 Fiesta Bowl Championship season.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 81
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 66
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 53
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29
- Pac-12 South: Bruins the favorite, but... 22