Utah Utes football: ESPN's 'GameDay' coming to SLC for TCU game
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — ESPN's "College Football GameDay" is coming to Salt Lake City this week and fans are encouraged to attend all of its shows in Rice-Eccles Stadium.
On Friday, Nov. 5, the ESPN "GameDay" crew of Chris Fowler, Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and Erin Andrews will broadcast segments for "SportsCenter," "College Football Live" and other ESPN shows from the set in Rice-Eccles Stadium from 10 a.m. until around noon.
On Saturday, "College Football GameDay" will begin airing before a live crowd at 7 a.m. The show lasts for three hours (until 10 a.m. MT), with the first hour on ESPNU and the remaining two hours on ESPN.
Admittance to the shows is free to the public.
Three and a half hours after "GameDay" concludes its show, undefeated Utah and TCU will kick off in Rice-Eccles Stadium at 1:30 p.m. The game, including standing room tickets, is completely sold out. It will be televised on CBS C.
"GameDay" last visited Salt Lake City in 2004 during Utah's 12-0 Fiesta Bowl Championship season.
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Photo story: What teenagers taught me at the...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 72
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 44
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26