Utes 28, Air Force 23
Player of the game
Utes' freshman safety had a team-high nine tackles, and he also intercepted a pass and recovered a fumble.
Utah's season-best five takeaways proved pivotal. The Utes recovered three fumbles and picked off a pair of passes in improving to 8-0 on the season.
By the numbers
Utah's 19 first downs led to a final time-of-possession advantage of more than 12-1/2 minutes. It offset a 411-327 deficit in total offensive yardage.
"Air Force is a tough team. We knew coming in it would take all four quarters."
When: Saturday, 1:30 p.m.
Where: Rice-Eccles Stadium
TV: CBS C Radio: 700 AM
Update: The undefeated, heavily favored Horned Frogs beat UNLV 48-6.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42