"The Rangers," he said, "might need me right now."
VIDEO HOMEWORK: On Friday, Williams said Jazz players would like to watch more game film, and Sloan admitted Saturday he's hunky-dory with that.
Sloan has players watch some film as a team, but he prefers if they do most of the viewing on their own time.
"I tell guys to buy a VCR or ... whatever you call it now," he said.
That'd be a DVD player, if they're into that fancy new technology.
"We had VCRs," Sloan said, laughing. "Get one of those (DVDs), and that should be your job. Study that."
Watching film, including of other players, and keeping a book of opponents' tendencies is quite beneficial, he said. But it can mean more if a player takes his own initiative to do it.
"That's the best teacher," Sloan said. "If you have to have a handful of candy after every conversation, then you'll have a tough time figuring it out.."
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Utah Jazz: Better game but same losing result...
- Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors, Marvin Williams...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 98
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 34
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 34
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 33
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27