1. Jets: After a bye week, they're rested and ready to try to win a championship.
2. Steelers: They were fortunate to beat the Dolphins, but no one dominates every week.
3. Patriots: The last thing they want to see today is Randy Moss celebrating.
4. Ravens: A home loss to the Bills would have been disturbing and embarrassing.
5. Giants: Opposing quarterbacks are far from safe against this team.
6. Colts: Depleted by injuries, and at a bad time with the Texans next on the schedule.
7. Titans: Can be extremely impressive at times — like the second half against Philly.
8. Chiefs: Beat up on the lowly Jaguars to end two-game losing streak.
9. Falcons: Hot and cold — sometimes even in the same game, like last week.
10. Texans: Couldn't ask for a better time to play the Colts in Indianapolis.
CAN'T MISS: Arian Foster vs. Colts
SLEEPER: Ryan Fitzpatrick vs. Chiefs
NOT THIS WEEK: Drew Brees vs. Steelers
FREE AGENT PICK UP: Jon Kitna, Cowboys
Flattened: A bad season for former Utes quarterback Alex Smith got worse last week when he suffered a left shoulder injury in a loss to Carolina. He will miss today's game.
Game of the week
Halloween at the Superdome? That could make for some interesting crowd shots during the game. On the field, will the Saints dress up as Super Bowl champs? Or the imposters that got drilled by Cleveland last week?
Team on the rise
Giants — They are this week's pick for the might-be-the-best-team-in-the-NFC award. They probably ended the Cowboys' season by hurting Tony Romo.
Team on the decline
Chargers — One of the weirdest teams in NFL history. They lead the league in yards gained per game and yards allowed per game, yet are 2-5. Strange.
PACKERS (4-3) AT JETS (5-1)
11 a.m., Ch. 13
In their last three games, the Packers have twice gone to overtime and beat the Vikings in an emotionally draining contest. The Jets, coming off a bye, will be ready to pounce.
Prediction: Jets, 28-14
BRONCOS (2-5) VS. 49ERS (1-6)
11 a.m., Ch. 2
What a matchup to showcase fans in London. The Broncos were crushed by the Raiders last week, and the 49ers continue to disappoint. Troy Smith starts for the Niners. Fun times.
Prediction: Broncos, 47-45
VIKINGS (2-4) AT PATRIOTS (5-1)
2:15 p.m., Ch. 13
The Patriots showed they have no fear of Randy Moss when they traded him to a team they'll play later in the season. Moss Bowl I is here, and he won't make a big impact.
Prediction: Patriots, 24-17
STEELERS (5-1) AT SAINTS (4-3)
6:20 p.m., Ch. 5
The Saints have played one great game from start to finish this season. The Steelers really haven't played a bad one. Consistency should count for something shouldn't it?
Prediction: Steelers, 30-24Comment on this story
TEXANS (4-2) AT COLTS (4-2)
6:30 p.m. Monday, ESPN
The Colts are ravaged by injuries and Peyton Manning will be throwing to players we've never heard of. The Texans have never swept the Colts, but could do it here. Probably not.
Prediction: Colts, 27-24