Cameron Shumway, San Juan
Accounted for three scoring drives, including an 80-yard bomb to Stetler Shumway and a 23-yard pass to Ryan Lyman, who also scored three times in a 47-14 win over Kanab.
Hadley Myers, Delta
Amassed 220 yards rushing and three scores by halftime as the Rabbits cruised against American Leadership, 48-0. Two scores were for 71 and 49 yards.
Bryson McKenzie, Timpview
Rushed for 150 yards and three 1-yard scoring runs as the T-Birds scored 28 straight points before Logan found the end zone in a 48-14 win.
Keefer Babbitt, Wasatch
Had a game-saving interception at the Wasatch 5-yard line and three touchdown receptions, including a 91-yard score late in the fourth quarter. The Wasps held on to an early 21-0 lead to beat Richfield 28-14.
McCoy Hill, Jordan
Completed 18-of-24 passes for 324 yards with four scores through the air and another on the ground. Three scoring passes went to Blake Miller as the Beetdiggers cruised to the 52-7 win over Davis.
Derrick Rodrigues, Riverton
Ran for four touchdowns in the last three quarters on 15 carries for 140 yards as the Silverwolves knocked off West, 34-7 in a game where two players on each side had over 100 yards on the ground.
Tons of intrigue in Garland
Bear River hosts Desert Hills in 3A
You'd be hard pressed to find a more interesting 3A first round game than Desert Hills at Bear River. It could go either way. Bear River is looking to rebound from back-to-back losses, and Desert Hills is two weeks removed from bizarre loss to Cedar.
Bingham begins title defense
No. 1 Miners host Hunter today
The Bingham Miners have been ranked nationally by USA Today and MaxPreps all season. Some have called them the best team in Utah history. First the Miners must claim the 5A state championship, a quest that begins today when they host Hunter at 2:30 p.m.
South Sevier does it again
Upsets Enterprise in 2A quarters
For the second week in a row South Sevier avenged a regular season loss with a shocking upset in the 2A playoffs. A week after beating North Summit in the first round, South Sevier beat Enterprise 6-2 to avenge a 42-0 loss to Enterprise earlier this year.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 290
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 56
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 42
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37