SALT LAKE CITY — A member of the Navajo tribe who played a role in a violent assault of a woman is headed to prison.
U.S. District Judge Ted Stewart this week sentenced Michael Whitehorse to 46 months in a federal penitentiary. Under federal guidelines, Whitehorse, 21, of Montezuma Creek, faced up to 37 months in prison. But Stewart increased the sentence due to several factors including the victim's severe injuries and the fact she was abandoned in a remote area of the Navajo Nation.
— Dennis Romboy
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- Ogden police cruiser hit as officer responds...
- Alcohol suspected in Ogden crash that injured 4
- 3 men missing nearly 5 months were likely...
- Police seek 4 men in Milcreek shooting
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- Man who crashed truck into house... 12
- Lehi toddler killed in accident... 7
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with students... 6
- 3 men missing nearly 5 months were... 3
- Stolen truck full of $1 million in... 3
- Provo man admits threatening to kill... 3
- No question Douglas Lovell murdered... 3