HURRICANE — Food manufacturer Litehouse Inc. announced plans to build a new facility in Hurricane — an expected investment of more than $10 million that will add 162 new full-time jobs in the rural southern Utah community.
"Our rural communities continue to be a valued part of the state's economy," Gov. Gary Herbert said. "These jobs are critical to recovery in a broad sense, and even more important to the individuals and families who will directly benefit from them."
The company accepted a single taxpayer, post-performance incentive of $502,400 as a tax credit over 10 years. Payment of the incentive comes from the corporate, sales and wage taxes the company will pay on the new plant.
Over the lifetime of the 10-year incentive, the company will pay approximately $37 million in new wages and more than $2.5 million in new state taxes over the same period, a news release stated. Litehouse expects the new facility to open in the second quarter of 2011.
The company began as a restaurant facility more than 50 years ago in the resort town of Hope, Idaho — gaining notoriety for its blue cheese dressing, which eventually lead to expansion into the retail market. Today, Litehouse is employee-owned with sales in excess of $120 million and more than 500 employees based in two manufacturing facilities in Idaho and Michigan.
The products produced in the new Utah plant will be a mix of existing lines and products from Green Garden Foods, a Kent, Wash., company acquired by Litehouse earlier this year.
- US says fuel economy likely won't meet 2025...
- US homebuilder sentiment slips in July
- Netflix facing tougher times as US subscriber...
- US stock indexes pull back after a strong...
- Goldman 2Q earnings jump, helped by lower...
- Store decor company to expand in Cedar City
- Independent state agencies routinely violate...
- Why your co-workers come to work sick
- Local government board fostered... 16
- Salt Lake's 'passive' house a model of... 6
- BLM releases blueprint for oil and gas... 4
- Provo airport expansion could provide... 4
- Millions being spent gambling at 2... 3
- Goldman 2Q earnings jump, helped by... 1
- Independent state agencies routinely... 1
- Why your co-workers come to work sick 1