Chen Wang, Deseret News
Tom Chambers, Mark Eaton, Tiffany Lott Hogan, Dave Kragthorpe and Lance Robinson will be inducted into the Utah Sports Hall of Fame Foundation on Nov. 16 at EnergySolutions Arena in recognition of their national achievements.
The event includes a 6 p.m. reception and dinner at 7 p.m. For reservations ($50), send checks to the USHFF, c/o Scott Mayne, 10182 S. Cornerstone Drive, South Jordan, UT 84095.
Chambers played for the University of Utah and was the No. 8 pick in the 1981 NBA Draft. He was a four-time All-Star, winning the game's MVP award in 1987. He played for six teams, including the Jazz, and the Ogden native ranks No. 35 on the league's all-time scoring list with 20,049 points.
Eaton played 11 seasons for the Jazz, developing into one of the biggest success stories in NBA history. Having barely played as a UCLA senior, the 7-foot-4 center became a shot-blocking force, winning two NBA Defensive Player of the Year awards. His No. 53 was retired by the Jazz.
Hogan was a track and field star at Pine View High School and BYU, where she won NCAA titles in the indoor 55-meter hurdles and the outdoor heptathlon. Having narrowly missed qualifying for the 2000 Olympic team, she succeeded in 2004 and competed in Athens after becoming a mother. Hogan coaches track at Desert Hills High School in St. George.
Kragthorpe inherited a 17-game losing streak when he took over Idaho State's football program in 1980. In his second season, the Bengals won the Division I-AA national championship with a 12-1 record. After working as Utah State's athletic director, the Logan resident was the Pac-10 Coach of the Year in 1989 at Oregon State.
Robinson began his rodeo career at Davis High, where he also played football. A national collegiate all-around champion at Weber State, he became the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association's Rookie of the Year in 1982. Robinson qualified for the National Finals Rodeo five times and is now a successful thoroughbred horse breeder.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 172
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 114
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 45