The Deseret News is your source this weekend to be 30 places at once.
Our reporters will be at every game, and we'll be posting updates on our website after every score.
This is great news for those stuck in the office or for those who are at one of the 30 games.
Earlier this year, the Deseret News announced the creation of a high school sports scores section on its mobile website. And while the scores have always been available on a mobile device, users no longer have to navigate the website to find them.
"Checking high school scores from a phone just got a lot easier," said Larry D. Curtis, assistant editor for deseretnews.com. "It's been developed with a remote user in mind to make it really easy to check game scores when you're out and about."
A Web-browsing cell phone or mobile device with Web access has always been able to access the information at deseretnews.com, but this streamlines the information so that on the first page a user comes to, there is a button for high school sports scores.
The idea was to take the state's most comprehensive high school sports stats and give them to mobile Web users with one click of a button. With playoff times staggered throughout the weekend, the Deseret News is your source to keep tabs on potential upsets brewing around the state.
"It replicates what happens online," said Curtis, "but it's designed for mobile users. We have all of this great information available on the website live, and we wanted to make it easy for people to use the information anywhere they might be." "We had sports fans in mind when we designed it so they could be at one game and checking scores at other games," he said. "This takes you directly to high school scores, and it's so easy to use."
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Hillcrest Huskies 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16