The Deseret News is your source this weekend to be 30 places at once.
Our reporters will be at every game, and we'll be posting updates on our website after every score.
This is great news for those stuck in the office or for those who are at one of the 30 games.
Earlier this year, the Deseret News announced the creation of a high school sports scores section on its mobile website. And while the scores have always been available on a mobile device, users no longer have to navigate the website to find them.
"Checking high school scores from a phone just got a lot easier," said Larry D. Curtis, assistant editor for deseretnews.com. "It's been developed with a remote user in mind to make it really easy to check game scores when you're out and about."
A Web-browsing cell phone or mobile device with Web access has always been able to access the information at deseretnews.com, but this streamlines the information so that on the first page a user comes to, there is a button for high school sports scores.
The idea was to take the state's most comprehensive high school sports stats and give them to mobile Web users with one click of a button. With playoff times staggered throughout the weekend, the Deseret News is your source to keep tabs on potential upsets brewing around the state.
"It replicates what happens online," said Curtis, "but it's designed for mobile users. We have all of this great information available on the website live, and we wanted to make it easy for people to use the information anywhere they might be." "We had sports fans in mind when we designed it so they could be at one game and checking scores at other games," he said. "This takes you directly to high school scores, and it's so easy to use."
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss to...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 37
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30