WOMEN'S SOCCER: The Aggies (8-6-5, 4-2-1 WAC) look to snap a two-match losing streak against Hawaii in its regular season finale on Sunday at 1 p.m. Before trick-or-treating, Utah State will honor its three seniors, midfielders Heather Pond and Stefani Shiozaki and forward Lauren Hansen.
Utah State has already clinched a spot in the WAC Tournament, while Hawai'i is still fighting for that last spot.
MEN'S BASKETBALL: The Aggies held their first public outing of the 2010-11 season with the annual Blue-White Scrimmage Wednesday night at the Smith Spectrum. Head coach Stew Morrill ran his team through two 10-minute sessions in front of approximately 3,000 fans as all 16 players that dressed saw action.
Senior guard Brian Green was the top scorer on the night as he finished the scrimmage with 18 points on 5-of-7 shooting from the field, including 4-of-5 from three-point range and 4-of-5 at the free throw line. Senior forward Tai Wesley was the only other Aggie to score in double-figures as he finished with 11 points on 5-of-5 shooting from the field and 1-of-2 shooting from the charity stripe.
Senior forward Matt Formisano had another solid outing as he scored eight points (4-6 FG) and added a scrimmage-high tying four rebounds. Junior forward Brady Jardine and freshman guard James Walker III also recorded four rebounds each. Junior guard Brockeith Pane added five points, four assists and two blocks.
As a team, Utah State shot 56.0 percent from the field (28-50), 35.5 percent from three-point range (6-17) and 61.1 percent at the free throw line (11-18). The teams also combined for 18 assists, 10 turnovers, four steals and two blocks.
Next up for Utah State will be its first exhibition game of the season on Saturday against Universite Laval (Canada) at 7 p.m.
Utah State Individual Stats
Brockeith Pane - 5 pts (2-5 FG, 0-2 3FG, 1-4 FT)
Pooh Williams - 3 pts (1-6 FG, 1-5 3FG)
Leon Cooper, Jr. - 3 pts (1-2 FG, 1-2 3FG)
Preston Medlin - 2 pts (0-1 FG, 0-1 3FG, 2-2 FT)
E.J. Farris - 0 pts
James Walker III - 2 pts (0-2 FG, 2-2 FT)
Morgan Grim - 5 pts (2-4 FG, 1-1 FT)
Brady Jardine - 6 pts (3-3 FG, 0-2 FT)
Brian Green - 18 pts (5-7 FG, 4-5 3FG, 4-5 FT)
Tyler Newbold - 4 pts (2-3 FG, 0-1 3FG)
Ben Clifford - 2 pts (1-2 FG)
Brad Brown - 2 pts (1-2 FG, 0-1 3FG)
Nate Bendall - 2 pts (1-2 FG)
Tai Wesley - 11 pts (5-5 FG, 1-2 FT)
Matt Formisano - 8 pts (4-6 FG)
Leland Miller - 0 pts
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Hillcrest Huskies 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16