Recently, the AP reported on NASA's probe last year which found water on the moon.
National Geographic talks about what else was found in the NASA probe: silver and mercury. The elements give clues to why water on the moon is concentrated at the poles. Water and vaporized elements migrate toward the cooler poles.
Why is this important? In 2009 MSNBC explained that finding water on the moon boosts hopes that the moon could be colonized. The water could be a source of drinking water. It could also be broken into hydrogen and oxygen atoms, which could be used in rocket fuel. That means the moon could be used as a base for rocket launches.
Dale McFeatters discusses these hopes and comments on how Obama's canceling NASA's plans for a manned return to the moon should be rethought.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Romney casts Arkansas race as way to fight Obama
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters...
- Bridezilla, meet 'Bridechilla'
- 5 ways the Ice Bucket Challenge could change...
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban...
- How poverty plays a role in Ferguson
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 113
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 29
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 15
- Another American hostage at risk by... 13