Recently, the AP reported on NASA's probe last year which found water on the moon.
National Geographic talks about what else was found in the NASA probe: silver and mercury. The elements give clues to why water on the moon is concentrated at the poles. Water and vaporized elements migrate toward the cooler poles.
Why is this important? In 2009 MSNBC explained that finding water on the moon boosts hopes that the moon could be colonized. The water could be a source of drinking water. It could also be broken into hydrogen and oxygen atoms, which could be used in rocket fuel. That means the moon could be used as a base for rocket launches.
Dale McFeatters discusses these hopes and comments on how Obama's canceling NASA's plans for a manned return to the moon should be rethought.
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- 19 little-known facts about the Mission:...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- The one thing you may be giving your children...
- Alleged sexual abuser on the run for 17 years...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Back to Beijing for 2nd Olympics in 14 years
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Boy Scout board approves end to blanket... 71
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 31
- Oklahoma Supreme Court: Ten... 27
- Obama: Republican criticism of Iran... 26
- Covered California: Cost of health care... 18
- Trump's call for mass deportations runs... 17