NEWARK, N.J. — A person familiar with the plans says the NBA draft is moving from New York City to Newark.
The person requested anonymity because the league had yet to announce that the annual draft of college players will be held at the Prudential Center in Newark in June.
Commissioner David Stern is expected to make the announcement Wednesday night before the New Jersey Nets' season opener against the Detroit Pistons. The Nets will play their home games at the Prudential Center for the next two years before a planned move to Brooklyn, N.Y.
The draft had been held in New York City since 2001.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15