NEWARK, N.J. — A person familiar with the plans says the NBA draft is moving from New York City to Newark.
The person requested anonymity because the league had yet to announce that the annual draft of college players will be held at the Prudential Center in Newark in June.
Commissioner David Stern is expected to make the announcement Wednesday night before the New Jersey Nets' season opener against the Detroit Pistons. The Nets will play their home games at the Prudential Center for the next two years before a planned move to Brooklyn, N.Y.
The draft had been held in New York City since 2001.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 21