We should seek and elect good men and women to public office. Jim Matheson is such a man and he has been a good congressman. However, things are not that simple today. A vote for Matheson, or any other Democratic candidate for the House or Senate, helps the likes of Pelosi and Reid hold on to power and further Obama's designs.
We must curb this president and this Congress who have been exceptionally irresponsible concerning tax policy. That may mean replacing a good man such as Matheson, but he was free to choose his bedfellows.
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's...
- Letter: Constitutional republic
- Kathleen Parker: Karma tastes rich in new,...
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes sense
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is doomed
- Letter: Public lands
- Dan Liljenquist: Confronting Saudi Arabia's...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's homeless problem still rages