We should seek and elect good men and women to public office. Jim Matheson is such a man and he has been a good congressman. However, things are not that simple today. A vote for Matheson, or any other Democratic candidate for the House or Senate, helps the likes of Pelosi and Reid hold on to power and further Obama's designs.
We must curb this president and this Congress who have been exceptionally irresponsible concerning tax policy. That may mean replacing a good man such as Matheson, but he was free to choose his bedfellows.
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 59
- Letter: Gun control 57
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 51
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 40