We should seek and elect good men and women to public office. Jim Matheson is such a man and he has been a good congressman. However, things are not that simple today. A vote for Matheson, or any other Democratic candidate for the House or Senate, helps the likes of Pelosi and Reid hold on to power and further Obama's designs.
We must curb this president and this Congress who have been exceptionally irresponsible concerning tax policy. That may mean replacing a good man such as Matheson, but he was free to choose his bedfellows.
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 105
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 50
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 44
- Letter: Policy disagreement 42
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 41