We should seek and elect good men and women to public office. Jim Matheson is such a man and he has been a good congressman. However, things are not that simple today. A vote for Matheson, or any other Democratic candidate for the House or Senate, helps the likes of Pelosi and Reid hold on to power and further Obama's designs.
We must curb this president and this Congress who have been exceptionally irresponsible concerning tax policy. That may mean replacing a good man such as Matheson, but he was free to choose his bedfellows.
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 29
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28