We should seek and elect good men and women to public office. Jim Matheson is such a man and he has been a good congressman. However, things are not that simple today. A vote for Matheson, or any other Democratic candidate for the House or Senate, helps the likes of Pelosi and Reid hold on to power and further Obama's designs.
We must curb this president and this Congress who have been exceptionally irresponsible concerning tax policy. That may mean replacing a good man such as Matheson, but he was free to choose his bedfellows.
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Robert Bennett: With public trust waning,...
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- About Utah: Without fanfare, the National...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How will...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 53
- Letters: Deception and government 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 29
- In our opinion: Reduce the legal... 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Letters: Paycheck Fairness Act 20
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 18