We should seek and elect good men and women to public office. Jim Matheson is such a man and he has been a good congressman. However, things are not that simple today. A vote for Matheson, or any other Democratic candidate for the House or Senate, helps the likes of Pelosi and Reid hold on to power and further Obama's designs.
We must curb this president and this Congress who have been exceptionally irresponsible concerning tax policy. That may mean replacing a good man such as Matheson, but he was free to choose his bedfellows.
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- Robert Bennett: Compromise will morph into...
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC
- Benefit Corporations: Why aren't Utah...
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 56
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 34
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 34
- Letter: End daylight saving time 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Letter: A 'dying' document 27
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in... 26
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21