INDIANAPOLIS — Indianpolis Colts receiver Austin Collie still doesn't know how much time he'll miss after having surgery on his right thumb. The Colts host Houston on Monday night.
Collie ranks fourth in the NFL with 44 receptions this season and has 503 yards and six touchdowns.
But before an autograph session Tuesday night at an Indianapolis restaurant, Collie said he "couldn't put a timetable" on his return. He was signing with his left hand.
Collie was injured in an Oct. 17 game at Washington. He says the hand got jammed between two helmets as he made a block. He says he taped the thumb up and continued to play.
Collie says after the game, he realized the injury was more severe than a jammed finger — an injury that required surgery.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 23