San Francisco QB Alex Smith (Utah) completed 9 of 19 passes for 129 yards and a touchdown before suffering a left shoulder injury in loss to Panthers.
Miami CB Sean Smith (Utah) played as a reserve and had five total tackles in loss to Steelers.
Carolina WR Steve Smith (Utah) returned to action after missing a game with an ankle injury and caught four passes for 50 yards and returned five punts for 38 yards in win over 49ers.
Miami DT Paul Soliai (Utah) started and had two tackles, including one for loss, in loss to Steelers.
Pittsburgh LB Stevenson Sylvester (Utah) played as a reserve on defense and on special teams in win over Dolphins.
Minnesota FB Naufahu Tahi (Granger HS/BYU) started, and as a lead blocker helped offense rush for 196 yards in loss to Packers.
San Diego DB Eric Weddle (Utah) had five total tackles in loss to Patriots.
Inactive this week
The following players were declared inactive by their respective teams: Tennessee DB Robert Johnson (Utah); Pittsburgh DE Brett Keisel (BYU); Green Bay LB Brady Poppinga (BYU); Baltimore WR David Reed (Utah); San Francisco OL Barry Sims (Park City HS/Utah).
The following players are on NFL practice squads: Dallas OL Travis Bright (BYU); Minnesota WR Freddie Brown (Utah); Indianapolis DE John Chick (Utah State); Carolina OL Shawn Murphy (Lone Peak HS/Utah State); Philadelphia OL Dallas Reynolds (Timpview HS/BYU); Carolina DB R.J. Stanford (Utah); Oakland RB Manase Tonga (BYU); Detroit WR Tim Toone (Weber State); San Francisco DE Will Tukuafu (East HS).
The following players are on the injured reserve list and out for the season: San Francisco DL Martail Burnett (Utah); Cincinnati OL Andrew Mitchell (Snow College); Baltimore DL Kelly Talavou (Utah); Chicago RB Harvey Unga (Timpview HS/BYU); Cincinnati FB Fui Vakapuna (East HS/BYU).
- College football predictions: How will 2014...
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars So'oto,...
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us what to...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall,...
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a repeat...
- The good, the bad and the most likely:...
- Ranking the best season by a quarterback in...
- BYU offense looking for much better...
- College football predictions: How will... 60
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 44
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 38
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 36
- Brad Rock: Five reasons Utes think... 35
- BYU football: Taysom Hill's experience,... 30
- Sports BLT: BYU fan gets creative with... 29