So what's this about Burton enjoying the kitchen?
Besides being a likely all-league cornerback, Burton is probably an all-league cook as well.
"I love to cook," he says. "Cooking has always been a passion of mine. I remember on Thanksgiving Day, I'd be up early with my grandma and mom, trying to learn, like the different spices to use, and it always tasted wonderful. So I started to try to learn how for myself. Ever since I was little, I've always had an interest."
Burton says he's never cooked for 100 people before, like, say, the entire Utah football team. But he has cooked for small groups and says pasta is his specialty. Chicken Parmesan and Fettuccine Alfredo are two of his favorites.
With another season to play after this, the talented Burton could find himself joining former teammates such as Sean Smith and Brice McCain in the NFL. If that doesn't work out, perhaps he can join Emeril on the Food Network.
Utes on the air
No. 8 Utah (7-0, 4-0 MWC) at Air Force (5-3, 3-2)
Saturday, 5:30 p.m.
Falcon Stadium, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
TV: CBS C
Radio: 700 AM
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- High school girls track: Davis wins...
- High school football: Orem player responds...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- High school baseball: Snow Canyon overcomes...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 76
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 66
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 64
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 62
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 49
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 27
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 24
- High school recruiting: Jackson Barton,... 20