So what's this about Burton enjoying the kitchen?
Besides being a likely all-league cornerback, Burton is probably an all-league cook as well.
"I love to cook," he says. "Cooking has always been a passion of mine. I remember on Thanksgiving Day, I'd be up early with my grandma and mom, trying to learn, like the different spices to use, and it always tasted wonderful. So I started to try to learn how for myself. Ever since I was little, I've always had an interest."
Burton says he's never cooked for 100 people before, like, say, the entire Utah football team. But he has cooked for small groups and says pasta is his specialty. Chicken Parmesan and Fettuccine Alfredo are two of his favorites.
With another season to play after this, the talented Burton could find himself joining former teammates such as Sean Smith and Brice McCain in the NFL. If that doesn't work out, perhaps he can join Emeril on the Food Network.
Utes on the air
No. 8 Utah (7-0, 4-0 MWC) at Air Force (5-3, 3-2)
Saturday, 5:30 p.m.
Falcon Stadium, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
TV: CBS C
Radio: 700 AM
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much money...
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass, Cougars'...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- Breaking down UMass, BYU basketball's next...
- BYU football: Cougars have gotten solid...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Local NFL watch: How Utah players fared in...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 192
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 50
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 48
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 44