BYU football: Alta safety Rhett Sandlin commits to Cougars
Rhett Sandlin, a 6-3, 200-pound safety for Alta High School, accepted a scholarship offer from BYU and will sign as part of the Class of 2012, according to his father, Kinnon Sandlin.
Sandlin, who has started for Alta since his sophomore year, is a junior for the Hawks. He has more than 120 tackles this year with interceptions against Brighton and Timpview. As a sophomore, Sandlin was Alta's third-leading tackler with 5.2 per game and had two interceptions, according to Deseret News prep statistics.
BYU is the first Division I school to offer Sandlin last week and he accepted shortly thereafter. He attended junior day at Stanford University and has had interest from the Cardinal, Utah, Oregon, Washington, Navy and Wyoming.
Sandlin joins Matt Hadley, another safety, out of Connell, Wash., as commits from the Class of 2012.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28