Where is the tea party when we need them? Two letters in the Readers' Forum of the Deseret News related to the upcoming election: "Matheson Stays Positive" and "Vote for Philpot." They raised a disturbing specter of the campaign for the representative for Utah's 2nd District. When will the Republicans learn that negative campaigns do not work in Utah. Matheson is not running against Nancy Pelosi. The "Vote for Philpot" letter was positive. It appears Philpot is an ideal conservative candidate who ought to merit much-needed support from the conservative base in Utah. Was the tea party only interested in dumping Sen. Bob Bennett and not helping elect qualified conservative candidates? Why not get behind Philpot when this is such an important election for our country?
Paul N. Kelly
- Doug Robinson: Utah man discovers powerful...
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- In our opinion: Maintaining balance
- Letter: Religious freedom
- My view: Adoption legislation: Children...
- Jay Evensen: Don't mess with a great Utah...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Americans' fearsome...
- Doug Robinson: A goalkeeper scores — a...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 63
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 36
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- In our opinion: Utah needs clean air... 24
- EPA rule hobbles economy, hurts... 23