Where is the tea party when we need them? Two letters in the Readers' Forum of the Deseret News related to the upcoming election: "Matheson Stays Positive" and "Vote for Philpot." They raised a disturbing specter of the campaign for the representative for Utah's 2nd District. When will the Republicans learn that negative campaigns do not work in Utah. Matheson is not running against Nancy Pelosi. The "Vote for Philpot" letter was positive. It appears Philpot is an ideal conservative candidate who ought to merit much-needed support from the conservative base in Utah. Was the tea party only interested in dumping Sen. Bob Bennett and not helping elect qualified conservative candidates? Why not get behind Philpot when this is such an important election for our country?
Paul N. Kelly
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24