Where is the tea party when we need them? Two letters in the Readers' Forum of the Deseret News related to the upcoming election: "Matheson Stays Positive" and "Vote for Philpot." They raised a disturbing specter of the campaign for the representative for Utah's 2nd District. When will the Republicans learn that negative campaigns do not work in Utah. Matheson is not running against Nancy Pelosi. The "Vote for Philpot" letter was positive. It appears Philpot is an ideal conservative candidate who ought to merit much-needed support from the conservative base in Utah. Was the tea party only interested in dumping Sen. Bob Bennett and not helping elect qualified conservative candidates? Why not get behind Philpot when this is such an important election for our country?
Paul N. Kelly
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 45
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 38
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 29
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: No limits 20