Where is the tea party when we need them? Two letters in the Readers' Forum of the Deseret News related to the upcoming election: "Matheson Stays Positive" and "Vote for Philpot." They raised a disturbing specter of the campaign for the representative for Utah's 2nd District. When will the Republicans learn that negative campaigns do not work in Utah. Matheson is not running against Nancy Pelosi. The "Vote for Philpot" letter was positive. It appears Philpot is an ideal conservative candidate who ought to merit much-needed support from the conservative base in Utah. Was the tea party only interested in dumping Sen. Bob Bennett and not helping elect qualified conservative candidates? Why not get behind Philpot when this is such an important election for our country?
Paul N. Kelly
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 61
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 41
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30