Where is the tea party when we need them? Two letters in the Readers' Forum of the Deseret News related to the upcoming election: "Matheson Stays Positive" and "Vote for Philpot." They raised a disturbing specter of the campaign for the representative for Utah's 2nd District. When will the Republicans learn that negative campaigns do not work in Utah. Matheson is not running against Nancy Pelosi. The "Vote for Philpot" letter was positive. It appears Philpot is an ideal conservative candidate who ought to merit much-needed support from the conservative base in Utah. Was the tea party only interested in dumping Sen. Bob Bennett and not helping elect qualified conservative candidates? Why not get behind Philpot when this is such an important election for our country?
Paul N. Kelly
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges Hatch...
- Charles Krauthammer: Donald, Hillary and the...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 53
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 33
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 18