Where is the tea party when we need them? Two letters in the Readers' Forum of the Deseret News related to the upcoming election: "Matheson Stays Positive" and "Vote for Philpot." They raised a disturbing specter of the campaign for the representative for Utah's 2nd District. When will the Republicans learn that negative campaigns do not work in Utah. Matheson is not running against Nancy Pelosi. The "Vote for Philpot" letter was positive. It appears Philpot is an ideal conservative candidate who ought to merit much-needed support from the conservative base in Utah. Was the tea party only interested in dumping Sen. Bob Bennett and not helping elect qualified conservative candidates? Why not get behind Philpot when this is such an important election for our country?
Paul N. Kelly
- NYT Opinion: Embracing evangelical...
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18