Where is the tea party when we need them? Two letters in the Readers' Forum of the Deseret News related to the upcoming election: "Matheson Stays Positive" and "Vote for Philpot." They raised a disturbing specter of the campaign for the representative for Utah's 2nd District. When will the Republicans learn that negative campaigns do not work in Utah. Matheson is not running against Nancy Pelosi. The "Vote for Philpot" letter was positive. It appears Philpot is an ideal conservative candidate who ought to merit much-needed support from the conservative base in Utah. Was the tea party only interested in dumping Sen. Bob Bennett and not helping elect qualified conservative candidates? Why not get behind Philpot when this is such an important election for our country?
Paul N. Kelly
- Mia Love: Big government needs to get out of...
- John Florez: Lawmakers broke the state's...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Lessons...
- In our opinion: Obama's plan for free tuition...
- Letter: Duties of the job
- Letter: Political extremes
- In the words of Thomas Jefferson: Why...
- Letter: Future for teachers
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront... 43
- Letter: Medically fragile 41
- Kathleen Parker: Republican candidates... 38
- Letter: Duties of the job 30
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and... 25
- Mia Love: Big government needs to get... 25
- Letter: Harmful side effects 23
- Mark Reynolds: Pipeline alternatives... 23