EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Backup center Kyrylo Fesenko said today that he plans to play tonight, when the Jazz face the Los Angeles Lakers in an NBA preseason game at the Staples Center.
Fesenko missed Saturday night's road win over the Los Angeles Clippers due to a sprained right wrist sustained during a fall to the EnergySolutions Arena floor in Thursday's exhibition victory over Phoenix.
Even more than the wrist, though, Fesenko said he's has been bothered by a sprained middle finger stemming from the same fall.
Fellow reserve big man Francisco Elson, meanwhile, won't play. He'll be missing his sixth straight preseason game due to a strained right hamstring.
Also out: rookie forward Jeremy Evans, who is dealing with flu-like symptoms.
All-Star point guard Deron Williams won't play either, as expected. Williams sat out Saturday's exhibition due to a strained right calf muscle.
With Williams out, Jazz coach Jerry Sloan said he plans to go tonight with the same starting lineup he used Saturday — Earl Watson at the point, Raja Bell at shooting guard, Andrei Kirilenko at small forward, Paul Millsap at power forward and Al Jefferson at center.
Swingman C.J. Miles, who led the Jazz with a team-high 20 points against the Clippers, will again come off the bench.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25