EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Backup center Kyrylo Fesenko said today that he plans to play tonight, when the Jazz face the Los Angeles Lakers in an NBA preseason game at the Staples Center.
Fesenko missed Saturday night's road win over the Los Angeles Clippers due to a sprained right wrist sustained during a fall to the EnergySolutions Arena floor in Thursday's exhibition victory over Phoenix.
Even more than the wrist, though, Fesenko said he's has been bothered by a sprained middle finger stemming from the same fall.
Fellow reserve big man Francisco Elson, meanwhile, won't play. He'll be missing his sixth straight preseason game due to a strained right hamstring.
Also out: rookie forward Jeremy Evans, who is dealing with flu-like symptoms.
All-Star point guard Deron Williams won't play either, as expected. Williams sat out Saturday's exhibition due to a strained right calf muscle.
With Williams out, Jazz coach Jerry Sloan said he plans to go tonight with the same starting lineup he used Saturday — Earl Watson at the point, Raja Bell at shooting guard, Andrei Kirilenko at small forward, Paul Millsap at power forward and Al Jefferson at center.
Swingman C.J. Miles, who led the Jazz with a team-high 20 points against the Clippers, will again come off the bench.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 42
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7
- Morning links: Utah Utes a sleeper in... 6