EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Backup center Kyrylo Fesenko said today that he plans to play tonight, when the Jazz face the Los Angeles Lakers in an NBA preseason game at the Staples Center.
Fesenko missed Saturday night's road win over the Los Angeles Clippers due to a sprained right wrist sustained during a fall to the EnergySolutions Arena floor in Thursday's exhibition victory over Phoenix.
Even more than the wrist, though, Fesenko said he's has been bothered by a sprained middle finger stemming from the same fall.
Fellow reserve big man Francisco Elson, meanwhile, won't play. He'll be missing his sixth straight preseason game due to a strained right hamstring.
Also out: rookie forward Jeremy Evans, who is dealing with flu-like symptoms.
All-Star point guard Deron Williams won't play either, as expected. Williams sat out Saturday's exhibition due to a strained right calf muscle.
With Williams out, Jazz coach Jerry Sloan said he plans to go tonight with the same starting lineup he used Saturday — Earl Watson at the point, Raja Bell at shooting guard, Andrei Kirilenko at small forward, Paul Millsap at power forward and Al Jefferson at center.
Swingman C.J. Miles, who led the Jazz with a team-high 20 points against the Clippers, will again come off the bench.
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- Brotherhood: Vigil brothers have been driving...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 46
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 36
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30