EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Backup center Kyrylo Fesenko said today that he plans to play tonight, when the Jazz face the Los Angeles Lakers in an NBA preseason game at the Staples Center.
Fesenko missed Saturday night's road win over the Los Angeles Clippers due to a sprained right wrist sustained during a fall to the EnergySolutions Arena floor in Thursday's exhibition victory over Phoenix.
Even more than the wrist, though, Fesenko said he's has been bothered by a sprained middle finger stemming from the same fall.
Fellow reserve big man Francisco Elson, meanwhile, won't play. He'll be missing his sixth straight preseason game due to a strained right hamstring.
Also out: rookie forward Jeremy Evans, who is dealing with flu-like symptoms.
All-Star point guard Deron Williams won't play either, as expected. Williams sat out Saturday's exhibition due to a strained right calf muscle.
With Williams out, Jazz coach Jerry Sloan said he plans to go tonight with the same starting lineup he used Saturday — Earl Watson at the point, Raja Bell at shooting guard, Andrei Kirilenko at small forward, Paul Millsap at power forward and Al Jefferson at center.
Swingman C.J. Miles, who led the Jazz with a team-high 20 points against the Clippers, will again come off the bench.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18