MILFORD, Beaver Co. — Utah's largest commercial wind farm is getting bigger.
Boston-based First Wind says it has started work on a second wind farm after putting 97 turbines in operation in Utah's west desert.
The first wind farm can power about 44,000 houses. First Wind is selling the electricity to Southern California Public Power Authority for use in Los Angeles, Burbank and Pasadena.
First Wind says the second wind farm will generate half the power of the first. It will have 68 turbines, smaller in size, and the company says it expects to win a contract shortly with an unidentified buyer.
The second wind farm will be located just to the north of the first wind farm straddling Millard and Beaver counties.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26