MILFORD, Beaver Co. — Utah's largest commercial wind farm is getting bigger.
Boston-based First Wind says it has started work on a second wind farm after putting 97 turbines in operation in Utah's west desert.
The first wind farm can power about 44,000 houses. First Wind is selling the electricity to Southern California Public Power Authority for use in Los Angeles, Burbank and Pasadena.
First Wind says the second wind farm will generate half the power of the first. It will have 68 turbines, smaller in size, and the company says it expects to win a contract shortly with an unidentified buyer.
The second wind farm will be located just to the north of the first wind farm straddling Millard and Beaver counties.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 16
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13