MILFORD, Beaver Co. — Utah's largest commercial wind farm is getting bigger.
Boston-based First Wind says it has started work on a second wind farm after putting 97 turbines in operation in Utah's west desert.
The first wind farm can power about 44,000 houses. First Wind is selling the electricity to Southern California Public Power Authority for use in Los Angeles, Burbank and Pasadena.
First Wind says the second wind farm will generate half the power of the first. It will have 68 turbines, smaller in size, and the company says it expects to win a contract shortly with an unidentified buyer.
The second wind farm will be located just to the north of the first wind farm straddling Millard and Beaver counties.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9