SALT LAKE CITY — Five members of the LDS Church's Quorums of the Seventy were released and designated emeritus general authorities in the Saturday afternoon session of the church's general conference.
Elders Spencer J. Condie, Bruce C. Hafen, Kenneth Johnson, Glenn L. Pace and Lance B. Wickman — all serving in the First Quorum of the Seventy — were released and given emeritus status.
Others released Saturday afternoon were Elders Spencer V. Jones and Wolfgang H. Paul of the Second Quorum of the Seventy and two Area Seventies, Elders Fernando Maluenda and Jose L. Torres.
With most of the leadership changes conducted earlier in the April conference, Elder Wenceslao H. Svec, 53, of Talca, Chile, was sustained Saturday afternoon as an Area Seventy. Currently serving as a Church Education System coordinator of seminaries and institutes and a former president of the Talca Chile Stake, he and his wife, Alicia, are the parents of four children.
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Why Syracuse mom killed her 2 daughters still...
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations against...
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough discovery on...
- The Draw at Sugar House unveiled
- Looking for the perfect Pi Day pie? Here are...
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash shared...
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage... 70
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash... 34
- House report: John Swallow hung 'for... 32
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough... 29
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 28
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 27
- Hatch, Lee call on federal government... 25