SALT LAKE CITY — Five members of the LDS Church's Quorums of the Seventy were released and designated emeritus general authorities in the Saturday afternoon session of the church's general conference.
Elders Spencer J. Condie, Bruce C. Hafen, Kenneth Johnson, Glenn L. Pace and Lance B. Wickman — all serving in the First Quorum of the Seventy — were released and given emeritus status.
Others released Saturday afternoon were Elders Spencer V. Jones and Wolfgang H. Paul of the Second Quorum of the Seventy and two Area Seventies, Elders Fernando Maluenda and Jose L. Torres.
With most of the leadership changes conducted earlier in the April conference, Elder Wenceslao H. Svec, 53, of Talca, Chile, was sustained Saturday afternoon as an Area Seventy. Currently serving as a Church Education System coordinator of seminaries and institutes and a former president of the Talca Chile Stake, he and his wife, Alicia, are the parents of four children.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Video: Town crier announces birth of...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 Utah chiefs with Baltimore ties say... 19
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19