SALT LAKE CITY — Five members of the LDS Church's Quorums of the Seventy were released and designated emeritus general authorities in the Saturday afternoon session of the church's general conference.
Elders Spencer J. Condie, Bruce C. Hafen, Kenneth Johnson, Glenn L. Pace and Lance B. Wickman — all serving in the First Quorum of the Seventy — were released and given emeritus status.
Others released Saturday afternoon were Elders Spencer V. Jones and Wolfgang H. Paul of the Second Quorum of the Seventy and two Area Seventies, Elders Fernando Maluenda and Jose L. Torres.
With most of the leadership changes conducted earlier in the April conference, Elder Wenceslao H. Svec, 53, of Talca, Chile, was sustained Saturday afternoon as an Area Seventy. Currently serving as a Church Education System coordinator of seminaries and institutes and a former president of the Talca Chile Stake, he and his wife, Alicia, are the parents of four children.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 159
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 81
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17