SALT LAKE CITY — Five members of the LDS Church's Quorums of the Seventy were released and designated emeritus general authorities in the Saturday afternoon session of the church's general conference.
Elders Spencer J. Condie, Bruce C. Hafen, Kenneth Johnson, Glenn L. Pace and Lance B. Wickman — all serving in the First Quorum of the Seventy — were released and given emeritus status.
Others released Saturday afternoon were Elders Spencer V. Jones and Wolfgang H. Paul of the Second Quorum of the Seventy and two Area Seventies, Elders Fernando Maluenda and Jose L. Torres.
With most of the leadership changes conducted earlier in the April conference, Elder Wenceslao H. Svec, 53, of Talca, Chile, was sustained Saturday afternoon as an Area Seventy. Currently serving as a Church Education System coordinator of seminaries and institutes and a former president of the Talca Chile Stake, he and his wife, Alicia, are the parents of four children.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Lawmaker's proposal would offer free tuition...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA... 22