Sam Williams, Olympus
Followed up last week's two interception performance with another against Highland while holding Nate Fakahafua to a single catch. He also had two TD catches.
Christian Covey, Timpview
Threw four touchdown passes to three different receivers and got another score on the ground as the T-Birds broke open a 23-20 game heading into the fourth quarter with 20 points in the final 15 minutes.
Nick Vigil, Fremont
Rushed for four scores, including one in each overtime period, to account for all of the Silver Wolves' points in a 27-21 double overtime win over Northridge. He totaled 187 yards on 41 attempts on the ground.
Paul Flake, Park City
Completed half of his 12 passes for 201 yards and three scores while rushing for another TD to lead the Miners to a 59-0 win over Carbon. Jon Schettler caught two of his TD throws.
Uintah edges Salem Hills
The Thunder came on strong in the fourth quarter and had an opportunity to tie with two minutes remaining, but Salem Hills bobbled the hold on the PAT long enough for the Utes to jump on the ball.
Wasps overcome 4 INTs
Curtis Orme stepped in for injured brother Brock Orme after Brock had thrown four picks in the first half. Curtis led the Wasp comeback by hooking up with Spencer McPhearson for the tying score and in OT.
Down 26-8 going into the final quarter, Altamont produced 38 unanswered points to turn an upset into a crushing defeat. Zach Hatch had three rushing scores as part of that stretch, the longest a 30-yard run.
- Ranking the best small forwards in the NBA...
- BYU star Tyler Haws' whirlwind workout tour...
- Morning links: Sports figures react to...
- Utah football: QB Wilson determined to make...
- Several early season game times set for Utah,...
- Ranking the best shooting guards in the NBA...
- Dick Harmon: As Marriott Center gets new...
- Former BYU guard Tyler Haws to work out for...
- Morning links: Sports figures react to... 79
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 70
- Utah football: QB Wilson determined to... 36
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 25
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 21
- Dick Harmon: As Marriott Center gets... 16
- Several early season game times set for... 14
- His legacy at BYU secure, Tyler Haws... 13