ST. GEORGE — Two Las Vegas men have been charged with armed bank robbery after allegedly making off with cash from a St. George credit union.
Aldo Sanchez and Brett Shumway, 41, were charged in U.S. District Court for Utah in connection with a Sept. 2 robbery of a Beehive Credit Union in St. George.
Shumway and Sanchez, who initially told police his name was Kristopher Johnson, were arrested shortly after the robbery when a St. George police officer initiated a traffic stop after spotting a vehicle with a man inside who matched the description of the bank robber.
A court hearing is set for 1 p.m. on Wednesday in St. George for Sanchez and Shumway.
— Lana Groves
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Firefighter, 3 others injured in apartment blaze
- Discovery Gateway opens new health-focused...
- 8 injured in 3-car West Haven crash
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 31
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 29
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11