ST. GEORGE — Two Las Vegas men have been charged with armed bank robbery after allegedly making off with cash from a St. George credit union.
Aldo Sanchez and Brett Shumway, 41, were charged in U.S. District Court for Utah in connection with a Sept. 2 robbery of a Beehive Credit Union in St. George.
Shumway and Sanchez, who initially told police his name was Kristopher Johnson, were arrested shortly after the robbery when a St. George police officer initiated a traffic stop after spotting a vehicle with a man inside who matched the description of the bank robber.
A court hearing is set for 1 p.m. on Wednesday in St. George for Sanchez and Shumway.
— Lana Groves
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9