ST. GEORGE — Two Las Vegas men have been charged with armed bank robbery after allegedly making off with cash from a St. George credit union.
Aldo Sanchez and Brett Shumway, 41, were charged in U.S. District Court for Utah in connection with a Sept. 2 robbery of a Beehive Credit Union in St. George.
Shumway and Sanchez, who initially told police his name was Kristopher Johnson, were arrested shortly after the robbery when a St. George police officer initiated a traffic stop after spotting a vehicle with a man inside who matched the description of the bank robber.
A court hearing is set for 1 p.m. on Wednesday in St. George for Sanchez and Shumway.
— Lana Groves
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging at...
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G. Mark...
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer restaurant in...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- U. student government passes resolution... 54
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 45
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 26
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 19
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17