Christian Jensen, Murray, football
The Spartans are 3-2 at this point in the season for the first time since 2000, and the play of this exciting junior is a big reason why.
Jensen has rushed 74 times for 577 yards, averaging 7.8 yards per carry. He has scored four rushing touchdowns. He caught a 43-yard go-ahead touchdown in Murray's 13-8 win over Granger on Sept. 17.
Jensen's 115.4 rushing yards per game ranks among the state's best.
Kendra Nelson, East, soccer
There isn't a game where Nelson doesn't make a major impact for East. It certainly showed last week when Nelson, a senior, assisted the game- winning goal against Highland and scored a pair of big goals in a victory over Bountiful.
Nelson leads East with 12 goals this season and has tallied 28 over the past three years for the Leopards. As a team captain, she is a versatile player who contributes in all phases of the game by scoring, assisting goals and making plays off the ball.
Nelson's academic prowess matches her athletic achievements. She carries a 3.9 grade point average. Away from soccer, she enjoys singing and reading and is a part of both the a cappella and women's ensemble groups at East High.
To nominate a prep of the week, contact prep editor James Edward at email@example.com
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- Brotherhood: Vigil brothers have been driving...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 37
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30