Christian Jensen, Murray, football
The Spartans are 3-2 at this point in the season for the first time since 2000, and the play of this exciting junior is a big reason why.
Jensen has rushed 74 times for 577 yards, averaging 7.8 yards per carry. He has scored four rushing touchdowns. He caught a 43-yard go-ahead touchdown in Murray's 13-8 win over Granger on Sept. 17.
Jensen's 115.4 rushing yards per game ranks among the state's best.
Kendra Nelson, East, soccer
There isn't a game where Nelson doesn't make a major impact for East. It certainly showed last week when Nelson, a senior, assisted the game- winning goal against Highland and scored a pair of big goals in a victory over Bountiful.
Nelson leads East with 12 goals this season and has tallied 28 over the past three years for the Leopards. As a team captain, she is a versatile player who contributes in all phases of the game by scoring, assisting goals and making plays off the ball.
Nelson's academic prowess matches her athletic achievements. She carries a 3.9 grade point average. Away from soccer, she enjoys singing and reading and is a part of both the a cappella and women's ensemble groups at East High.
To nominate a prep of the week, contact prep editor James Edward at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 91
- High school football: 2016 schedules... 5
- Layton junior high wrestler loses... 3
- Morning links: 4 Utahns on ESPN 300... 3
- Ranking the 38 Utah ties selected in... 3
- Dick Harmon: Why NCAA's wise decision... 1
- High school baseball: Herriman rallies... 1
- Skyridge High School 2016 football... 0