Christian Jensen, Murray, football
The Spartans are 3-2 at this point in the season for the first time since 2000, and the play of this exciting junior is a big reason why.
Jensen has rushed 74 times for 577 yards, averaging 7.8 yards per carry. He has scored four rushing touchdowns. He caught a 43-yard go-ahead touchdown in Murray's 13-8 win over Granger on Sept. 17.
Jensen's 115.4 rushing yards per game ranks among the state's best.
Kendra Nelson, East, soccer
There isn't a game where Nelson doesn't make a major impact for East. It certainly showed last week when Nelson, a senior, assisted the game- winning goal against Highland and scored a pair of big goals in a victory over Bountiful.
Nelson leads East with 12 goals this season and has tallied 28 over the past three years for the Leopards. As a team captain, she is a versatile player who contributes in all phases of the game by scoring, assisting goals and making plays off the ball.
Nelson's academic prowess matches her athletic achievements. She carries a 3.9 grade point average. Away from soccer, she enjoys singing and reading and is a part of both the a cappella and women's ensemble groups at East High.
To nominate a prep of the week, contact prep editor James Edward at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory over...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 35
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 26
- Utah basketball: No. 14 Runnin' Utes... 18