BYU football quarterback sneak: BYU passers return to Provo to raise money for endowment
"The ultimate end is to endow all our athletic scholarships, and we believe that can happen over time," Tittle explained. "This movement by the All-American Quarterbacks is a great start. (It will bring) a lot of attention to the program and what we're trying to do. And it's just a great thing to have them all back on campus at the same time."
It's been a long time since Heisman Trophy winner Detmer has been back to Provo, but he said he's excited.
"BYU's done a lot for me over my life, and you always want to give back, help give the next guy a chance and help the school out," Detmer said. "I think, more than anything, being part of a special weekend with all of the other former quarterbacks, seeing those guys again and being there for the game is going to be a lot of fun."
Contributing: Jamshid Ghazi Askar
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27