There could be a merger in the works between the Mountain West Conference and Conference USA.
Speculation is running rampant since reports have surfaced that MWC commissioner Craig Thompson and C-USA commissioner Britton Banowsky were meeting in Colorado Springs, Colo.
A couple of MWC athletic directors were also reportedly in on the previously scheduled meeting, discussing television contracts, the BCS and scheduling.
There are rumors that the two leagues are mulling a merger, creating a 20-team conference.
Or the MWC could raid C-USA and invite Houston to join its ranks and form a 12-team league.
If BYU decides to leave the MWC and go independent, the MWC could also add TCU rival Southern Methodist, according to one report.
TCU coach Gary Patterson, who was upset by reports that BYU could declare its independence, told ESPN Dallas Wednesday that "more dominoes" could fall soon.
"All I can tell you is this: Just wait and see in the next two weeks before you make any judgments and see what happens in the national landscape. Things that I know that maybe you don't know. That's all I'm going to tell you."
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34