"It all comes as a surprise. I knew they were exploring possibilities, but I didn't think a whole lot about it. I don't know what's going on yet. One thing I do know — they're not a bunch of dummies up there (at BYU). I'm sure they've done their due diligence in whatever they decide. Conference alignment hasn't ended. I hated to see all that, the potential breakup of the Big 12. I like things status quo. I don't know. But times are different now."
— Former BYU football coach LaVell Edwards
"Are they in the MWC this fall? That is all I care about, I don't care about anything beyond that. If you told me they aren't in the MWC this fall then that might change my attitude, but whatever they do is what they do. All I know is we play them on Nov. 27 or whenever it is and that is what our focus is."
— University of Utah football coach Kyle Whittingham
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18