"It all comes as a surprise. I knew they were exploring possibilities, but I didn't think a whole lot about it. I don't know what's going on yet. One thing I do know — they're not a bunch of dummies up there (at BYU). I'm sure they've done their due diligence in whatever they decide. Conference alignment hasn't ended. I hated to see all that, the potential breakup of the Big 12. I like things status quo. I don't know. But times are different now."
— Former BYU football coach LaVell Edwards
"Are they in the MWC this fall? That is all I care about, I don't care about anything beyond that. If you told me they aren't in the MWC this fall then that might change my attitude, but whatever they do is what they do. All I know is we play them on Nov. 27 or whenever it is and that is what our focus is."
— University of Utah football coach Kyle Whittingham
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 109
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 80
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33