MANDERFIELD, Beaver County — A lightning-caused fire in the Twitchell Canyon area near the Manderfield Reservoir has surpassed 4,000 acres. Officials are managing the fire to promote forest health and expect it to burn throughout the rest of the summer.
In an update Saturday evening, officials said crews are working to protect private property near the historic Kimberly mining area. Indian Creek Road is closed from Pole Canyon Road to the reservoir.
The fire started July 20 seven miles east of Manderfield and has now stretched east into Piute County. No evacuations have been ordered. Smoke may reduce visibility along I-15 and I-70 during the early morning hours.
— Paul Koepp
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10