MANDERFIELD, Beaver County — A lightning-caused fire in the Twitchell Canyon area near the Manderfield Reservoir has surpassed 4,000 acres. Officials are managing the fire to promote forest health and expect it to burn throughout the rest of the summer.
In an update Saturday evening, officials said crews are working to protect private property near the historic Kimberly mining area. Indian Creek Road is closed from Pole Canyon Road to the reservoir.
The fire started July 20 seven miles east of Manderfield and has now stretched east into Piute County. No evacuations have been ordered. Smoke may reduce visibility along I-15 and I-70 during the early morning hours.
— Paul Koepp
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 26
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 23
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20