MANDERFIELD, Beaver County — A lightning-caused fire in the Twitchell Canyon area near the Manderfield Reservoir has surpassed 4,000 acres. Officials are managing the fire to promote forest health and expect it to burn throughout the rest of the summer.
In an update Saturday evening, officials said crews are working to protect private property near the historic Kimberly mining area. Indian Creek Road is closed from Pole Canyon Road to the reservoir.
The fire started July 20 seven miles east of Manderfield and has now stretched east into Piute County. No evacuations have been ordered. Smoke may reduce visibility along I-15 and I-70 during the early morning hours.
— Paul Koepp
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 38
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 27
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14