MANDERFIELD, Beaver County — A lightning-caused fire in the Twitchell Canyon area near the Manderfield Reservoir has surpassed 4,000 acres. Officials are managing the fire to promote forest health and expect it to burn throughout the rest of the summer.
In an update Saturday evening, officials said crews are working to protect private property near the historic Kimberly mining area. Indian Creek Road is closed from Pole Canyon Road to the reservoir.
The fire started July 20 seven miles east of Manderfield and has now stretched east into Piute County. No evacuations have been ordered. Smoke may reduce visibility along I-15 and I-70 during the early morning hours.
— Paul Koepp
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13