MANDERFIELD, Beaver County — A lightning-caused fire in the Twitchell Canyon area near the Manderfield Reservoir has surpassed 4,000 acres. Officials are managing the fire to promote forest health and expect it to burn throughout the rest of the summer.
In an update Saturday evening, officials said crews are working to protect private property near the historic Kimberly mining area. Indian Creek Road is closed from Pole Canyon Road to the reservoir.
The fire started July 20 seven miles east of Manderfield and has now stretched east into Piute County. No evacuations have been ordered. Smoke may reduce visibility along I-15 and I-70 during the early morning hours.
— Paul Koepp
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah officials find no pesticide violation...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8