Utah Utes football: Team playing first fall camp scrimmage today
SALT LAKE CITY — The first of three scheduled camp scrimmages for the Utah Utes football team is set for this morning at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Head coach Kyle Whittingham said it'll comprise 100 plays and give the coaching staff a good look at new players in the program.
The veterans, he added, won't see a lot of action — perhaps just 20 to 25 snaps.
Quarterbacks Jordan Wynn, Terrance Cain and Griff Robles will be off-limits to tacklers throughout camp.
"People need to hit, but the quarterbacks aren't one of them," Whittingham said. "We've got to preserve them and keep them out of harm's way. That's standard procedure for us."
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15