Utah Utes football: Team playing first fall camp scrimmage today
SALT LAKE CITY — The first of three scheduled camp scrimmages for the Utah Utes football team is set for this morning at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Head coach Kyle Whittingham said it'll comprise 100 plays and give the coaching staff a good look at new players in the program.
The veterans, he added, won't see a lot of action — perhaps just 20 to 25 snaps.
Quarterbacks Jordan Wynn, Terrance Cain and Griff Robles will be off-limits to tacklers throughout camp.
"People need to hit, but the quarterbacks aren't one of them," Whittingham said. "We've got to preserve them and keep them out of harm's way. That's standard procedure for us."
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25