Utah Utes football: Team playing first fall camp scrimmage today
SALT LAKE CITY — The first of three scheduled camp scrimmages for the Utah Utes football team is set for this morning at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Head coach Kyle Whittingham said it'll comprise 100 plays and give the coaching staff a good look at new players in the program.
The veterans, he added, won't see a lot of action — perhaps just 20 to 25 snaps.
Quarterbacks Jordan Wynn, Terrance Cain and Griff Robles will be off-limits to tacklers throughout camp.
"People need to hit, but the quarterbacks aren't one of them," Whittingham said. "We've got to preserve them and keep them out of harm's way. That's standard procedure for us."
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 22
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21