Utah Utes football: Team playing first fall camp scrimmage today
SALT LAKE CITY — The first of three scheduled camp scrimmages for the Utah Utes football team is set for this morning at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Head coach Kyle Whittingham said it'll comprise 100 plays and give the coaching staff a good look at new players in the program.
The veterans, he added, won't see a lot of action — perhaps just 20 to 25 snaps.
Quarterbacks Jordan Wynn, Terrance Cain and Griff Robles will be off-limits to tacklers throughout camp.
"People need to hit, but the quarterbacks aren't one of them," Whittingham said. "We've got to preserve them and keep them out of harm's way. That's standard procedure for us."
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16