Utah Utes football: Team playing first fall camp scrimmage today
SALT LAKE CITY — The first of three scheduled camp scrimmages for the Utah Utes football team is set for this morning at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Head coach Kyle Whittingham said it'll comprise 100 plays and give the coaching staff a good look at new players in the program.
The veterans, he added, won't see a lot of action — perhaps just 20 to 25 snaps.
Quarterbacks Jordan Wynn, Terrance Cain and Griff Robles will be off-limits to tacklers throughout camp.
"People need to hit, but the quarterbacks aren't one of them," Whittingham said. "We've got to preserve them and keep them out of harm's way. That's standard procedure for us."
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22