Utah Utes basketball: Team will face Butler in Hawaii tourney
The Utah men's basketball team will take on 2010 NCAA runner-up Butler in the first round of the Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic on Dec. 22 in Honolulu. The Runnin' Utes and Bulldogs will tip off at 9 p.m. MT live on ESPNU.
The winner of the Utah-Butler game will take on the winner of Florida State-Hawaii in the semifinals Dec. 23, live on ESPN2. The championship and remaining consolation games will be played on Christmas Day.
The other side of the bracket includes first-round matchups of Mississippi State vs. Washington State and San Diego vs. Baylor.
Utah will meet Butler for just the second time in the program's history. In their only other meeting, the Utes topped the Bulldogs, 95-66, in Salt Lake City in 1964.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16