Judicial Confirmation Committee asking for public comment
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is asking for public input on five judicial appointments.
Public meetings will be held to allow for comment on the judges, who will take positions in the 2nd District Courts and 2nd and 5th District Juvenile Courts. Gov. Gary Herbert's appointees include David R. Hamilton and Noel S. Hyde who have both been appointed to positions on the 2nd District Court, Michelle E. Heward and Jeffrey J. Noland, who were both appointed to serve on the 2nd District Juvenile Court bench and Karla Staheli, who was appointed to the 5th District Juvenile Court.
The date and time of the meetings will be announced on the Legislature's website, www.le.state.ut.us. Those who would like to comment can contact Jerry D. Howe at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, P.O. Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114, by 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 20. All statements must include the name, telephone number and mailing address of the sender.
The 2nd District Court covers Davis, Morgan and Weber Counties. The 5th District takes in Washington, Iron and Beaver Counties.
— Emiley Morgan
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry for...
- 6-year-old recounts terror of man breaking...
- UVU hopes to become 'national leader' with...
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 58
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 14
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 12