Judicial Confirmation Committee asking for public comment
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is asking for public input on five judicial appointments.
Public meetings will be held to allow for comment on the judges, who will take positions in the 2nd District Courts and 2nd and 5th District Juvenile Courts. Gov. Gary Herbert's appointees include David R. Hamilton and Noel S. Hyde who have both been appointed to positions on the 2nd District Court, Michelle E. Heward and Jeffrey J. Noland, who were both appointed to serve on the 2nd District Juvenile Court bench and Karla Staheli, who was appointed to the 5th District Juvenile Court.
The date and time of the meetings will be announced on the Legislature's website, www.le.state.ut.us. Those who would like to comment can contact Jerry D. Howe at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, P.O. Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114, by 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 20. All statements must include the name, telephone number and mailing address of the sender.
The 2nd District Court covers Davis, Morgan and Weber Counties. The 5th District takes in Washington, Iron and Beaver Counties.
— Emiley Morgan
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 16
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13