Judicial Confirmation Committee asking for public comment
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is asking for public input on five judicial appointments.
Public meetings will be held to allow for comment on the judges, who will take positions in the 2nd District Courts and 2nd and 5th District Juvenile Courts. Gov. Gary Herbert's appointees include David R. Hamilton and Noel S. Hyde who have both been appointed to positions on the 2nd District Court, Michelle E. Heward and Jeffrey J. Noland, who were both appointed to serve on the 2nd District Juvenile Court bench and Karla Staheli, who was appointed to the 5th District Juvenile Court.
The date and time of the meetings will be announced on the Legislature's website, www.le.state.ut.us. Those who would like to comment can contact Jerry D. Howe at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, P.O. Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114, by 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 20. All statements must include the name, telephone number and mailing address of the sender.
The 2nd District Court covers Davis, Morgan and Weber Counties. The 5th District takes in Washington, Iron and Beaver Counties.
— Emiley Morgan
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15