Judicial Confirmation Committee asking for public comment
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is asking for public input on five judicial appointments.
Public meetings will be held to allow for comment on the judges, who will take positions in the 2nd District Courts and 2nd and 5th District Juvenile Courts. Gov. Gary Herbert's appointees include David R. Hamilton and Noel S. Hyde who have both been appointed to positions on the 2nd District Court, Michelle E. Heward and Jeffrey J. Noland, who were both appointed to serve on the 2nd District Juvenile Court bench and Karla Staheli, who was appointed to the 5th District Juvenile Court.
The date and time of the meetings will be announced on the Legislature's website, www.le.state.ut.us. Those who would like to comment can contact Jerry D. Howe at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, P.O. Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114, by 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 20. All statements must include the name, telephone number and mailing address of the sender.
The 2nd District Court covers Davis, Morgan and Weber Counties. The 5th District takes in Washington, Iron and Beaver Counties.
— Emiley Morgan
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21