Judicial Confirmation Committee asking for public comment
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is asking for public input on five judicial appointments.
Public meetings will be held to allow for comment on the judges, who will take positions in the 2nd District Courts and 2nd and 5th District Juvenile Courts. Gov. Gary Herbert's appointees include David R. Hamilton and Noel S. Hyde who have both been appointed to positions on the 2nd District Court, Michelle E. Heward and Jeffrey J. Noland, who were both appointed to serve on the 2nd District Juvenile Court bench and Karla Staheli, who was appointed to the 5th District Juvenile Court.
The date and time of the meetings will be announced on the Legislature's website, www.le.state.ut.us. Those who would like to comment can contact Jerry D. Howe at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, P.O. Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114, by 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 20. All statements must include the name, telephone number and mailing address of the sender.
The 2nd District Court covers Davis, Morgan and Weber Counties. The 5th District takes in Washington, Iron and Beaver Counties.
— Emiley Morgan
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 13