Utah Jazz basketball: Al Jefferson talks up playing in Utah in interviews with national media
SALT LAKE CITY — Al Jefferson can't contain the giddiness he feels to play for the Utah Jazz.
And he isn't just playing it up to the local crowd, either.
In a recent interview with Yahoo! Sports, the new big man on the block went on about how pumped he is to be on a team people recognize and respect compared to playing in relative anonymity in Minnesota.
"(S)ome people didn't even know they had a team. ... Everyone knows the Utah Jazz," Jefferson told NBA writer Marc Spears. "I go from being in a Toyota to a Bentley. It's a beautiful thing."
Jefferson told Yahoo! he was stoked to hear Deron Williams say he'd help make the 6-10 center an All-Star, calling it "music to my ears." He's hopeful they can help the Jazz one-up the Karl Malone and John Stockton era.
"One reason I came to Utah is so me and Deron could grow old together and win a championship," Jefferson said. "No disrespect (to Stockton and Malone) ... I hope we are better and we win a championship."
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 62
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52