Utah Jazz basketball: Al Jefferson talks up playing in Utah in interviews with national media
SALT LAKE CITY — Al Jefferson can't contain the giddiness he feels to play for the Utah Jazz.
And he isn't just playing it up to the local crowd, either.
In a recent interview with Yahoo! Sports, the new big man on the block went on about how pumped he is to be on a team people recognize and respect compared to playing in relative anonymity in Minnesota.
"(S)ome people didn't even know they had a team. ... Everyone knows the Utah Jazz," Jefferson told NBA writer Marc Spears. "I go from being in a Toyota to a Bentley. It's a beautiful thing."
Jefferson told Yahoo! he was stoked to hear Deron Williams say he'd help make the 6-10 center an All-Star, calling it "music to my ears." He's hopeful they can help the Jazz one-up the Karl Malone and John Stockton era.
"One reason I came to Utah is so me and Deron could grow old together and win a championship," Jefferson said. "No disrespect (to Stockton and Malone) ... I hope we are better and we win a championship."
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 87
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 70
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 55
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 43
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 31