Utah Jazz basketball: Al Jefferson talks up playing in Utah in interviews with national media
SALT LAKE CITY — Al Jefferson can't contain the giddiness he feels to play for the Utah Jazz.
And he isn't just playing it up to the local crowd, either.
In a recent interview with Yahoo! Sports, the new big man on the block went on about how pumped he is to be on a team people recognize and respect compared to playing in relative anonymity in Minnesota.
"(S)ome people didn't even know they had a team. ... Everyone knows the Utah Jazz," Jefferson told NBA writer Marc Spears. "I go from being in a Toyota to a Bentley. It's a beautiful thing."
Jefferson told Yahoo! he was stoked to hear Deron Williams say he'd help make the 6-10 center an All-Star, calling it "music to my ears." He's hopeful they can help the Jazz one-up the Karl Malone and John Stockton era.
"One reason I came to Utah is so me and Deron could grow old together and win a championship," Jefferson said. "No disrespect (to Stockton and Malone) ... I hope we are better and we win a championship."
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- BYU's Rose adjusts lineup — freshman...
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- How did they fare? Locals in the NFL roundup...
- Rock On: A bad day gets worse for Whittingham
- Davis High named top girls soccer team in the...
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad story of...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 55
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 47
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 39
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35