Utah Jazz basketball: Al Jefferson talks up playing in Utah in interviews with national media
SALT LAKE CITY — Al Jefferson can't contain the giddiness he feels to play for the Utah Jazz.
And he isn't just playing it up to the local crowd, either.
In a recent interview with Yahoo! Sports, the new big man on the block went on about how pumped he is to be on a team people recognize and respect compared to playing in relative anonymity in Minnesota.
"(S)ome people didn't even know they had a team. ... Everyone knows the Utah Jazz," Jefferson told NBA writer Marc Spears. "I go from being in a Toyota to a Bentley. It's a beautiful thing."
Jefferson told Yahoo! he was stoked to hear Deron Williams say he'd help make the 6-10 center an All-Star, calling it "music to my ears." He's hopeful they can help the Jazz one-up the Karl Malone and John Stockton era.
"One reason I came to Utah is so me and Deron could grow old together and win a championship," Jefferson said. "No disrespect (to Stockton and Malone) ... I hope we are better and we win a championship."
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU best-case,...
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4 games...
- Video: BYU commit Jaren Hall lifts Maple...
- Dick Harmon: BYU workhorse running back Nate...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 78
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 31
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 25
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 25