Utah Jazz: Matt Harpring basketball clinic has openings
MURRAY — Parents who hope their children grow up to play basketball like Matt Harpring are in luck.
The former Jazz small forward, who's currently hosting his annual basketball camp in Murray, announced that some openings remain for the second week of his four-day clinic next Monday through Thursday.
The "Back to Basics" camp is open for boys and girls ages 7 through 15. The morning session goes from 8 a.m. to noon, while the afternoon session is from 1 to 5 p.m.
Harpring attends the camp every day and is accessible to participants who learn the "building blocks" from the ex-seven-year Jazzman and 11-year NBA pro.
"I think it's the best, affordable camp in Utah," Harpring said. "Kids learn the right way to play basketball, the fundamentals. We teach the correct way to do them."
The camp takes place at The Park Center (201 E. Murray Park Lane).
Each camper receives an autograph picture taken with Harpring, a camp jersey, gifts from sponsors and a chance to win awards, including courtside tickets to a Jazz game.
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 54
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 25
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14