Utah Jazz: Matt Harpring basketball clinic has openings
MURRAY — Parents who hope their children grow up to play basketball like Matt Harpring are in luck.
The former Jazz small forward, who's currently hosting his annual basketball camp in Murray, announced that some openings remain for the second week of his four-day clinic next Monday through Thursday.
The "Back to Basics" camp is open for boys and girls ages 7 through 15. The morning session goes from 8 a.m. to noon, while the afternoon session is from 1 to 5 p.m.
Harpring attends the camp every day and is accessible to participants who learn the "building blocks" from the ex-seven-year Jazzman and 11-year NBA pro.
"I think it's the best, affordable camp in Utah," Harpring said. "Kids learn the right way to play basketball, the fundamentals. We teach the correct way to do them."
The camp takes place at The Park Center (201 E. Murray Park Lane).
Each camper receives an autograph picture taken with Harpring, a camp jersey, gifts from sponsors and a chance to win awards, including courtside tickets to a Jazz game.
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- BYU defense, offense being noticed for...
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5
- BYU confirms Jim McMahon will be inducted...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 137
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 103
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 59
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 47