Utah Jazz: Matt Harpring basketball clinic has openings
MURRAY — Parents who hope their children grow up to play basketball like Matt Harpring are in luck.
The former Jazz small forward, who's currently hosting his annual basketball camp in Murray, announced that some openings remain for the second week of his four-day clinic next Monday through Thursday.
The "Back to Basics" camp is open for boys and girls ages 7 through 15. The morning session goes from 8 a.m. to noon, while the afternoon session is from 1 to 5 p.m.
Harpring attends the camp every day and is accessible to participants who learn the "building blocks" from the ex-seven-year Jazzman and 11-year NBA pro.
"I think it's the best, affordable camp in Utah," Harpring said. "Kids learn the right way to play basketball, the fundamentals. We teach the correct way to do them."
The camp takes place at The Park Center (201 E. Murray Park Lane).
Each camper receives an autograph picture taken with Harpring, a camp jersey, gifts from sponsors and a chance to win awards, including courtside tickets to a Jazz game.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 21