Utah Jazz: Matt Harpring basketball clinic has openings
MURRAY — Parents who hope their children grow up to play basketball like Matt Harpring are in luck.
The former Jazz small forward, who's currently hosting his annual basketball camp in Murray, announced that some openings remain for the second week of his four-day clinic next Monday through Thursday.
The "Back to Basics" camp is open for boys and girls ages 7 through 15. The morning session goes from 8 a.m. to noon, while the afternoon session is from 1 to 5 p.m.
Harpring attends the camp every day and is accessible to participants who learn the "building blocks" from the ex-seven-year Jazzman and 11-year NBA pro.
"I think it's the best, affordable camp in Utah," Harpring said. "Kids learn the right way to play basketball, the fundamentals. We teach the correct way to do them."
The camp takes place at The Park Center (201 E. Murray Park Lane).
Each camper receives an autograph picture taken with Harpring, a camp jersey, gifts from sponsors and a chance to win awards, including courtside tickets to a Jazz game.
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- Steve Nash fans among Utah Jazz saddened by...
- Who's in? Breaking down the high school...
- Former BYU Cougar and returned missionary...
- Live streams: 5A and 4A girls soccer state...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Suspended Utah football player sentenced for...
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 88
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 52
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 47
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 33
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 26
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21