Utah Jazz: Matt Harpring basketball clinic has openings
MURRAY — Parents who hope their children grow up to play basketball like Matt Harpring are in luck.
The former Jazz small forward, who's currently hosting his annual basketball camp in Murray, announced that some openings remain for the second week of his four-day clinic next Monday through Thursday.
The "Back to Basics" camp is open for boys and girls ages 7 through 15. The morning session goes from 8 a.m. to noon, while the afternoon session is from 1 to 5 p.m.
Harpring attends the camp every day and is accessible to participants who learn the "building blocks" from the ex-seven-year Jazzman and 11-year NBA pro.
"I think it's the best, affordable camp in Utah," Harpring said. "Kids learn the right way to play basketball, the fundamentals. We teach the correct way to do them."
The camp takes place at The Park Center (201 E. Murray Park Lane).
Each camper receives an autograph picture taken with Harpring, a camp jersey, gifts from sponsors and a chance to win awards, including courtside tickets to a Jazz game.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 36
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 34
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 32
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28