BYU football: Harvey Unga signs four-year contract with Bears
Matt Gillis, Deseret News Archives
Former BYU running back Harvey Unga, who was selected in the seventh round of the NFL supplemental draft by the Chicago Bears last week, has signed a four-year contract.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Unga, the Cougars' all-time leading rusher, will participate in the Bears' training camp, which begins July 30. Chicago has five running backs on its roster going into training camp. Unga will compete with returning starter Matt Forte, free-agent signee Chester Taylor, two-year veteran Kahlil Bell and rookie Brandon Minor for playing time.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19