BYU football: Quarterback nominated for Good Works award
PROVO — BYU junior quarterback Riley Nelson has been nominated for the Allstate American Football Coaches Association Good Works Team, which honors players for the positive influence they have in their communities.
Nelson, one of 57 nominees from the Football Bowl Subdivision, has been involved with the Buff Don't Puff program, BYU Sports Heroes Day, the Heart2Home Foundation and Senior Honors Day.
An Academic All-Mountain West Conference selection, Nelson served an LDS mission to Spain. Since his return, he has been involved in speaking to youth around the country.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 67
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 35
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28