CASTLE DALE, Emery County — Reiner Bradley, father of former NBA basketball player and current political candidate Shawn Bradley, died Wednesday in an accident at his Castle Dale home.
Reiner Bradley, 61, apparently fell 15 feet off the roof of his home while applying caulk to a rain gutter, according to the Emery County Sheriff's Office.
He was "finishing up some items on his to-do list" before going to the Price pediatric clinic where he worked as a physician's assistant, Shawn Bradley told the Deseret News.
Co-workers began looking for Reiner Bradley when he didn't come to work. Police believe he died instantly.
As a medical worker, Reiner Bradley had spent every other month for the past 10 years working in Kazakhstan.
Shawn Bradley called his father's death a "great loss."
"Of course I'm biased, but there was no more gentler or kinder man," he said. "We loved him dearly."
Reiner Bradley is survived by his wife Teresa, as well as four children and 16 grandchildren.
Plans for a funeral are pending, Shawn Bradley said.
Shawn Bradley began his basketball career at Brigham Young University before going on to play in the NBA. He is running as the Republican candidate to unseat Democratic state Rep. Tim Cosgrove in the Utah's 44th District.
— Josh Smith
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Mother and son charged in drive-by shooting...
- Salt Lake County lands on Top 10 list of...
- Utah family into film, acting, directing and...
- New poll shows more support for Sen. Mike Lee
- Body cameras have played roles in 2...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 89
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer... 50
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 44
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 39
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 31
- Granite School District reaches... 22
- New poll shows more support for Sen.... 20