CASTLE DALE, Emery County — Reiner Bradley, father of former NBA basketball player and current political candidate Shawn Bradley, died Wednesday in an accident at his Castle Dale home.
Reiner Bradley, 61, apparently fell 15 feet off the roof of his home while applying caulk to a rain gutter, according to the Emery County Sheriff's Office.
He was "finishing up some items on his to-do list" before going to the Price pediatric clinic where he worked as a physician's assistant, Shawn Bradley told the Deseret News.
Co-workers began looking for Reiner Bradley when he didn't come to work. Police believe he died instantly.
As a medical worker, Reiner Bradley had spent every other month for the past 10 years working in Kazakhstan.
Shawn Bradley called his father's death a "great loss."
"Of course I'm biased, but there was no more gentler or kinder man," he said. "We loved him dearly."
Reiner Bradley is survived by his wife Teresa, as well as four children and 16 grandchildren.
Plans for a funeral are pending, Shawn Bradley said.
Shawn Bradley began his basketball career at Brigham Young University before going on to play in the NBA. He is running as the Republican candidate to unseat Democratic state Rep. Tim Cosgrove in the Utah's 44th District.
— Josh Smith
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- 'Our lives have been better for having her,'...
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage...
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as national...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School District...
- Landslide remediation plans emerge amid...
- Mother of slain baby to serve 90 days in jail
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 68
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 50
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 34
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 31
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 30
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 21