CASTLE DALE, Emery County — Reiner Bradley, father of former NBA basketball player and current political candidate Shawn Bradley, died Wednesday in an accident at his Castle Dale home.
Reiner Bradley, 61, apparently fell 15 feet off the roof of his home while applying caulk to a rain gutter, according to the Emery County Sheriff's Office.
He was "finishing up some items on his to-do list" before going to the Price pediatric clinic where he worked as a physician's assistant, Shawn Bradley told the Deseret News.
Co-workers began looking for Reiner Bradley when he didn't come to work. Police believe he died instantly.
As a medical worker, Reiner Bradley had spent every other month for the past 10 years working in Kazakhstan.
Shawn Bradley called his father's death a "great loss."
"Of course I'm biased, but there was no more gentler or kinder man," he said. "We loved him dearly."
Reiner Bradley is survived by his wife Teresa, as well as four children and 16 grandchildren.
Plans for a funeral are pending, Shawn Bradley said.
Shawn Bradley began his basketball career at Brigham Young University before going on to play in the NBA. He is running as the Republican candidate to unseat Democratic state Rep. Tim Cosgrove in the Utah's 44th District.
— Josh Smith
- Herriman man dies following fistfight with...
- Utah coal: A story of families, jobs and...
- The 25 most educated cities in America: Where...
- A community comes together to support a...
- Man critically injured by power line while...
- Families of men shocked in electrical...
- Utah Highway Patrol trooper shot multiple...
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 79
- Planned Parenthood draws support,... 72
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 26
- Utah coal: A story of families, jobs... 25
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now... 18
- Man shot, killed by Spanish Fork police... 18
- Herriman man dies following fistfight... 18