CASTLE DALE, Emery County — Reiner Bradley, father of former NBA basketball player and current political candidate Shawn Bradley, died Wednesday in an accident at his Castle Dale home.
Reiner Bradley, 61, apparently fell 15 feet off the roof of his home while applying caulk to a rain gutter, according to the Emery County Sheriff's Office.
He was "finishing up some items on his to-do list" before going to the Price pediatric clinic where he worked as a physician's assistant, Shawn Bradley told the Deseret News.
Co-workers began looking for Reiner Bradley when he didn't come to work. Police believe he died instantly.
As a medical worker, Reiner Bradley had spent every other month for the past 10 years working in Kazakhstan.
Shawn Bradley called his father's death a "great loss."
"Of course I'm biased, but there was no more gentler or kinder man," he said. "We loved him dearly."
Reiner Bradley is survived by his wife Teresa, as well as four children and 16 grandchildren.
Plans for a funeral are pending, Shawn Bradley said.
Shawn Bradley began his basketball career at Brigham Young University before going on to play in the NBA. He is running as the Republican candidate to unseat Democratic state Rep. Tim Cosgrove in the Utah's 44th District.
— Josh Smith
- LDS Church names Elder Clayton new senior...
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit filed by...
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason polygamy...
- Boston-bound airline pilot from West Jordan...
- Farr West woman found dead in home, foul play...
- SUU mourns loss of aviation instructors...
- BYU student injured in bounce house accident...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 55
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 40
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 33
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 29
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 24
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 16
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14