CASTLE DALE, Emery County — Reiner Bradley, father of former NBA basketball player and current political candidate Shawn Bradley, died Wednesday in an accident at his Castle Dale home.
Reiner Bradley, 61, apparently fell 15 feet off the roof of his home while applying caulk to a rain gutter, according to the Emery County Sheriff's Office.
He was "finishing up some items on his to-do list" before going to the Price pediatric clinic where he worked as a physician's assistant, Shawn Bradley told the Deseret News.
Co-workers began looking for Reiner Bradley when he didn't come to work. Police believe he died instantly.
As a medical worker, Reiner Bradley had spent every other month for the past 10 years working in Kazakhstan.
Shawn Bradley called his father's death a "great loss."
"Of course I'm biased, but there was no more gentler or kinder man," he said. "We loved him dearly."
Reiner Bradley is survived by his wife Teresa, as well as four children and 16 grandchildren.
Plans for a funeral are pending, Shawn Bradley said.
Shawn Bradley began his basketball career at Brigham Young University before going on to play in the NBA. He is running as the Republican candidate to unseat Democratic state Rep. Tim Cosgrove in the Utah's 44th District.
— Josh Smith
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police investigating man who barricaded...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 52
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 19
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should scientists be allowed to change... 10