Looking for a fireworks show this week?
Though there aren't as many fireworks shows to be found on Pioneer Day as there are for the Fourth of July, there are still at least a dozen shows planned in Utah this week.
Salt Lake County
Butlerville Days in Cottonwood Heights will include fireworks at dusk Saturday in Butler Park, 7500 S. 2700 East.
Liberty Park at 600 E. 900 South in Salt Lake Lake will sponsor fireworks show at dusk Saturday.
In Sandy, fireworks are planned following the Real Salt Lake soccer game Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium,9256 S. State. Tickets are required to enter the stadium.
Bountiful's Handcart Days will feature fireworks at dusk Friday at Mueller Park Junior High School, 995 E. 1800 South.
Sunset's Fun Days fireworks show will begin at 10 p.m. Saturday at Central Park, 85 W. 1800 North.
NOTE: Neither Lagoon nor Layton plans Pioneer Day fireworks.
Spanish Fork will host a "Fireworks Spectacular" at dusk Saturday at the Sports Park, 295 W. Volunteer Drive, as part of its Fiesta Days events. A pre-show with music begins at 5 p.m.
Ogden's Pioneer Days will feature fireworks Saturday after the rodeo in Pioneer Stadium, 668 17th St. There will also be fireworks after the rodeo Thursday. Tickets are required to enter the stadium.
Logan City's Pioneer Day Festival will feature a fireworks show at dusk Saturday at Willow Park, 400 W. 700 South.
North Logan will display fireworks at dusk Saturday at Elk Ridge Park, 1100 E. 2500 North.
Heber City's Historic Heber Valley Railroad will present "Fiddlers 'n Fireworks" from 8 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Saturday, with a train ride and fireworks over Deer Creek Reservoir. Tickets cost $24-$33.
— Lynn Arave
- Rocky Mountain Power: Thousands on Wasatch...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Charges: Man set fire to sister's Salt Lake...
- How you can be trained to recognize signs of...
- Charges: Group of 3 held man and woman...
- Zion National Park to hold public meetings on...
- National Guard trains in Denver to respond to...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 14
- National conservative group backs... 14