MAITLAND, Fla. — Regular-roster big man Kosta Koufos had a team-high 19 points and shot 7-for-10 from the field Wednesday night, but the Jazz fell 83-74 to Indiana at the Orlando Pro Summer League here.
Koufos also had seven rebounds in a team-high 29 minutes as Utah dropped to 1-2 in summer play.
Othyus Jeffers, another roster regular for the Jazz, added 11 points in 23 minutes while helping trim what had been a 24-point Pacer lead.
Jazz first-round rookie Gordon Hayward scored seven but shot just 1-for-5 from the field, including 0-for-2 from 3-point range on two way-off misses.
Paul George — taken at No. 10 in the June 24 NBA Draft, one spot behind Hayward — scored 15, pulled down a team-high nine rebounds and shot 5-for-9.
The two were matched against each other at the start, but not throughout the game.
Center Josh McRoberts, who has played 83 games over three NBA seasons for Portland and Indiana, led the Pacers with 21 points.
Utah has two games remaining, including today's vs. New Jersey.
GAINES OKAY: Guard Sundiata Gaines, the Jazz's usual No. 3 point, needed four stitches to close a cut on the top of his head.
The laceration was sustained on a play in which he drove to the basket.
Gaines, who scored eight points but shot just 1-for-6 from the field, returned to finish the game after getting sewn up.
DRAGICEVIC GONE: So much for getting a good look at Tadija Dragicevic.
A forward from Serbia and Utah's 2008 second-round draft pick, Dragicevic — not under contract with the Jazz — missed his third game in as many days due to tendinitis in his right Achilles.
Knowing that he wouldn't be able to play the rest of this week, the team sent him home to Serbia early.
MISC: Utah State product Jaycee Carroll scored 13 points and shot 5-for-12 from the field, including misses on all three of his 3-point attempts, while logging 24 minutes in Boston's 94-71 win over Charlotte. ... Former BYU big man Trent Plaisted had six rebounds but just two points while playing 25 minutes in Philadelphia's 89-80 loss to Oklahoma City. ... Ex-Jazz point guard Eric Maynor scored 10 and shot 3-for-7 for the Thunder. ... In the house: Former Utah Flash head coach Brad Jones, who learned last week that the Jazz's NBA Development League affiliate would not be renewing his contract after three years in Orem.
- Cougars football team undergoing reality...
- Utah football: The Michigan Wolverines in 6...
- NFL cuts tracker (updated): Former BYU WR...
- Cougars looking for special season with...
- Amy Donaldson: Football has helped Ute...
- Damian Lillard finding success with rap...
- BYU's Mendenhall on the cusp of embarking on...
- Morning links: 'Unorthodox' Harbaugh; 'nice'...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 92
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 63
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 30
- Morning links: Can Cougars snap... 26
- Cougars looking for special season with... 26
- BYU football: With opener one week... 23
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4... 16